ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long waits since 11 month

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Haripur1983
Newly Registered

Long waits since 11 month

Post by Haripur1983 » Tue May 09, 2017 5:28 pm

Hi everyone
We applied for Tier1 extension as a team back in june2016 and had been interviewed in September 2016 since then nothing heard anything from home office.we phone them every 2 week and as usual they reply your application is still under consideration but now my team partner successfully vary his application to Lr.some of my friends suggested me to contact mp to expedite the process,is there anyone who has same situation like me or had any impact on application by mp.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Long waits since 11 month

Post by zimba » Wed May 10, 2017 12:43 am

Complex applications are taking long time to decide. Your situation is not unique ! You can ask your MP for help.
See Tier 1 Entrepreneur Processing Time
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Wed May 10, 2017 8:25 am

Do not worry. You are not alone. Mine is 9 months. Interview in oct and nothing since. And I donot know why my soliciter advised me to wait and not contact MP. I am so confused.

sameerb

Post by sameerb » Wed May 10, 2017 11:34 am

I applied same as you in June 2016 and interviewed in sept 16 still waiting

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Wed May 10, 2017 12:11 pm

I have a queation!
Did anyone get a visa (result) after waiting so long without contacting MP?
By result I mean negative or positive.
All the people here contact MP when it took so long then their application proceed? Is that right?
Is there anybody get the result after long time without doing anything?

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Wed May 10, 2017 12:19 pm

zimba88 wrote:Complex applications are taking long time to decide. Your situation is not unique ! You can ask your MP for help.
See Tier 1 Entrepreneur Processing Time
Hi Zimba
With all respect, I do not accept that all the application which are taking long time to decide are complex! And this is the only reason behind that.
First time me and my husband applied student visa in the UK, we applied in person. They gave my husband his visa straightaway, but told me for me it will take a couple of days. I did not hear from them in 3-4 months, then we changed our place and had to sent the change of address form, after that in 1 week I got my visa!!! In SAR form under officer not is written: we recieved change of circumstances form and realize the application is with us since .... in the safe box!!!!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 10, 2017 2:08 pm

With all due respect, only the case workers will decide if something is complex based on the information they hold, not the applicants.
They have access to a large array of information and certain individuals could be screened for all sorts of reasons, from background and personal history checks to tax and immigration rules compliance checks. The word 'complex' is used as an euphemism for 'cannot be decided quickly'.

If you read the reports and statistics, you realise that Tier 1E has been heavily abused where most applicants essentially used it as a family migration route to the UK with several dependants. Many applicants also do not comply with the rules, e.g they do contract work in capacity of an employee, do not invest or have access to the funds, have doggy business practices, have little knowledge of Tier 1E rules or business law in general, etc. (as seen on this forum alone on a regular basis) The long waiting time is due to the fact that so many of these applicants exist which in return affects the genuine applicants adversely.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice