ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit, documents question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ferrellk
Newly Registered

Work Permit, documents question

Post by ferrellk » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:49 pm

I'm in the states waiting for my work permit to be processed. My question is, once I have it (fingers crossed) are there other documents immigration will require at the airport (ie: letter from employer, etc.) or do I just show them what DETE sends me? Same for registering for the GNIB....should I expect a lot of scrutiny or is it a relatively easy process once the permit has been approved?

I just want to make sure I have everything in order and cover all my bases "just in case".

Thanks.

ferrellk
Newly Registered

Post by ferrellk » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:47 pm

Well, my permit was approved after a 2.5 month wait! Yay!

Does anybody know the answer to my questions above? I don't want to get caught off guard!

Thanks!

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:26 am

I'm a New Zealand national and entered Ireland showing only my green card and passport. If you are not visa required, then this should be all you need to do.

GNIB should be a relatively painless process, hopefully. Mine was a bit more painful as I had someone who assumed that I still had a current working holiday visa AND I'd not left the country (not to mention the comments about my (nothing out of the ordinary) hairdo etc). If you can, bring something that proves your address.