ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to certify my passport photocopies

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jon.Mason

Help with Visa Application

Post by Jon.Mason » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Hi everyone

I am currently going through the online Visa4UK application and find some of the questions a little confusing, so wondered if anyone could talk me through it?

I have made a passport application for my son who lives in morocco with his Moroccan national mother. The visa application is for my sons mother.

On the visa application, it asks if anyone will be travelling with my wife. I have ticked yes, since my son will be travelling with her, but it wants the passport details of my son. Since the application is still being processed, we do not currently have any passport details. i was advised we could apply for passport and visa simultaneously.

Just for my own understanding, what happens if I misinterpret or misunderstand something and make an error on the visa application? e.g if I thought it asked for my details when it asked for my wifes, or such like. Would an error simply result in them asking me to clarify or would they reject the visa and make me pay again? Do they easily reject visas if something is missing or an error is made, or do they only reject when there is a clear reason to e.g. not enough salary?

Jon.Mason

Re: Help with Visa Application

Post by Jon.Mason » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:50 pm

Further questions.

What type of visa do I apply for?

Is the following correct:

Where it says:

Reason for Visit? Settlement

Visa Type? Settlement

Visa Sub Type? Wife

This is for my wife taking her first 33 months in the UK, i.e. she has never set foot in UK before

Also,

When do I submit my documents etc? The online application doesn't ask for most of what I was told would be needed, e.g. health check, my income etc.

Do they contact me later to ask for that?

Jon.Mason

English Language Tests for Spousal Visas

Post by Jon.Mason » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:54 pm

My wife is in Morocco and I am organising her spousal visa. Looking to organise her English test.

According to the following website:

http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/ielts-ukvi/score

She needs a A1 test, which states:

IELTS Life Skills at A1 – Pass

IELTS for UKVI2 – 4.0 in Speaking and Listening

And when here, after a few years she needs to take A2.

My question is, are [IELTS Life Skills at A1 – Pass] and [IELTS for UKVI2 – 4.0 in Speaking and Listening] one test or two separate tests that I need to book?

I clicked the "book here" button and it only gave me one test to book for just under 2000 MAD but I can't quite figure out if she needs to do another test or if it's two in one test or...???

Jon.Mason

Spousal Visa Accommodation Documents

Post by Jon.Mason » Wed May 10, 2017 10:07 am

Hi everyone.

What documents do I need to submit in order to satisfy the accommodation requirements? I have 2 rooms in a privately rented shared house. I have a tenancy agreement from my landlady and can get a letter confirming she is happy for us to stay and detailing to the agreement in order for the two of us to stay there.

I found an online sponsor form and a list of government requirements. Presumably the sponsor form just needs to be submitted with my visa application or does it need to be submitted before hand?

Who is approved to survey the house and say if its suitable?

Do I need anything else? I have seen various suggestions such as proof of address, letter from MP, letter from housing association etc.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spousal Visa Accommodation Documents

Post by CR001 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:21 am

What documents do I need to submit in order to satisfy the accommodation requirements? I have 2 rooms in a privately rented shared house. I have a tenancy agreement from my landlady and can get a letter confirming she is happy for us to stay and detailing to the agreement in order for the two of us to stay there.
If you are living in a houseshare, you will need a property inspection report done to prove that the property overcrowded in line with HO's guidance.
I found an online sponsor form and a list of government requirements. Presumably the sponsor form just needs to be submitted with my visa application or does it need to be submitted before hand?
Without you linking what form you have found, no one can comment. If you are referring to the SU07 form, this is NOT required for a spouse visa.
Who is approved to survey the house and say if its suitable?
Members are not permitted to name companies on the forum. You will need to contact either the council or an estate agent.
Do I need anything else? I have seen various suggestions such as proof of address, letter from MP, letter from housing association etc.
Letter from MP is NOT required. You need a letter from your landlord, tenancy agreement and a utility if you have one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

4JT
Newly Registered

Post by 4JT » Wed May 10, 2017 1:22 pm

How about hotel booking?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 10, 2017 2:17 pm

4JT wrote:How about hotel booking?
Please stick to your own topic rather than tagging onto someone else's. Suggest also read the forum rules.

You have already been advised that a hotel booking is not suitable.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jon.Mason

Post by Jon.Mason » Thu May 11, 2017 10:12 am

The form I looked at was the following:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... p-form.pdf

And the guidance was from here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-maa--2

So if I contact any estate agent in my city they will automatically know what I am talking about and provide the service, and it will be acceptable to the government?

My experience so far was that the government have approved lists of service providers for things like English Test, Tuberculous etc so I thought there would be some way to know which providers there are or who are accepted by the government. E.g. in the country I am applying for, only 2 doctors are accepted by the UK government for tuberculosis testing

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:29 am

The form I looked at was the following:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... p-form.pdf
This form is NOT required for a spouse visa. It is ONLY required for adult dependent relatives, ie parents/grandparents.
And the guidance was from here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-maa--2

So if I contact any estate agent in my city they will automatically know what I am talking about and provide the service, and it will be acceptable to the government?

My experience so far was that the government have approved lists of service providers for things like English Test, Tuberculous etc so I thought there would be some way to know which providers there are or who are accepted by the government. E.g. in the country I am applying for, only 2 doctors are accepted by the UK government for tuberculosis testing
If you live in a property shared with others, you need to prove it is not overcrowded and need a property inspection report. If you rent a whole property on your own (1 bed flat for example), you do not need the property inspection report. HO do not have a 'standard list of approved providers' for everything, only things that are mandatory requirements in the immigration rules, English, TB etc. The one your agent provides should be fine yes.

See link below on guidance to overcrowding HO uses.

immigration-for-family-members/guidance ... t6227.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Jon.Mason

Post by Jon.Mason » Thu May 11, 2017 2:00 pm

Ok so there is basically no way for me to know which place I can go to for this property inspect and to know if it will be accepted. no google search terms, databases etc. All I can do is randomly contact estate agents and pick whichever one says they can do it and hope its acceptable?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 11, 2017 6:10 pm

An estate agents report will be accepted. You are over thinking this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Jon.Mason

Who is considered a "dependent child"?

Post by Jon.Mason » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:12 am

Hi everyone.

I am currently filling in a settlement visa application for my wife (she is Moroccan and I am British), and we have a son together. I had a previous relationship and have children from that relationship.

I still financially provide a monthly allowance for my kids from my first relationship. We were not legally married and the kids live with their mother.

For the settlement visa form, where it asks if I have other dependent children, should I answer yes or no? I have 3 children from the previous marriage, aged 2, 4 and 6.

Jon.Mason

How to collate and submit support documents

Post by Jon.Mason » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:26 pm

Hi everyone.

I was just wondering how to collate and submit support documents.

My wife is in Rabat right now attending her settlement visa biometric appointment. We were supposed to bring all support documents there for scanning but I have them all in UK. Can I send them by post directly to Sheffield? We were confused about this as we found conflicting information online but the email after we submitted the application says bring it to Rabat. We are worried about this.

Also, how should it be organised? We have an appendix but how do we show the appendix number of each document. Do we use post it notes or write on the documents or...???

Also, how do we produce these barcode documents that are supposed to go in with each appendix section?

Jon.Mason

Do I need to certify my passport photocopies

Post by Jon.Mason » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:03 pm

Hi everyone. I was just wondering. Do I need to get photocopies of my passport signed or stamped to confirm they are authentic?

Also, Do online printed wage slips need to be stamped?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Do I need to certify my passport photocopies

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:06 pm

Jon.Mason wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:03 pm
Hi everyone. I was just wondering. Do I need to get photocopies of my passport signed or stamped to confirm they are authentic?
Yes, legally certified.
Also, Do online printed wage slips need to be stamped? Yes, verified by the employer.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Jon.Mason

Re: Do I need to certify my passport photocopies

Post by Jon.Mason » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:20 am

Casa wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:06 pm
Jon.Mason wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:03 pm
Yes, legally certified.
Also, Do online printed wage slips need to be stamped? Yes, verified by the employer.
Thank you Casa. I will have to find a lawyer in my city to certify my current passport.

But what can I do about my Sons passport, since its still in Morocco with him? Is there some place in Rabat like an embassy, visa office, or lawyer/government office that can certify it?