ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP: Dad application refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sheedatali

HELP: Dad application refused

Post by sheedatali » Mon May 08, 2017 2:33 pm

Hello all,
My dad got refusal for a Family Visitor visa, he was planning to come see me and my wife. I am looking for some help on ECO objections and how can we address some of the concerns. My parents live in Pakistan, my mother has been travelling to UK regularly for past 10 years to see us and holds a 5 years multiple VISA. Following are the points from ECO on my dad's application refusal.
You say you are retired and your income is £360 a month through public funds or benefits and savings and investments. In support of your application some pension documents, savings certificates and bank statements in both you and your wife's name were provided. I note that some deposits being placed in the accounts that are not commensurate with your claimed earnings and the closing balances on the account are not commensurate with your claimed income and expenditure. I further note your stated income from properties and rent are not reflected on the accounts. Therefore I am not satisfied your earnings are as claimed and therefore I am not satisfied that your circumstances are as you have set out or that the bank statements presented are an accurate reflection of your financial position. This undermines the credibility of your application
We submitted, bank statements that are in my dad's name that have savings, and joint accounts that are in my mom's name. My dad is retired, he has some savings in his account and some savings in shared account with my dad. He clearly stated in the supporting paragraph that he will be using 1000£ from his his savings (which are more than 5000£) for his travel expenses. I am not sure how can we assure ECO that my dad has enough money to cover his expenses for travel. What can we show to prove this?
I note you say you are planning to spend 1000 on your trip to UK including travel, I again note your monthly income is £360 and you spend £100 a month on living costs and a further £100 is given to family members, which leaves 160£ a month, this means you will be spending over 6 months expendable income on your visit to UK. This also undermines the credibility of your application
I am not sure what else can my dad say apart from stating the facts. He will use his savings for travel, retired people don't have monthly income, they have savings that they have collected over their working life. How do we address concerns of ECO or show it ECO that dad will be using his savings, presented as evidence in the form of bank statements.
I also note you have not shown that you have, on the balance of probabilities, sufficiently strong family, social or economic ties to satisfy me that you intend to leave the United Kingdom on completion of your visit. This further undermines the credibility of your application.
This is again a moot point, we submitted FRC (family registration certificate), which shows that mom and my dad live together, also submitted the property papers my dad owns. I also have a sister that lives with my parents and is dependent of my Dad. What can we submit to address ECO concerns that my dad is unlikely to say bye bye to both my sister and my mother at the age of 65 and go live in United Kingdom for good?

I am feeling disheartened and disappointed, I understand that onus is on us to satisfy the ECO, but I am struggling to see what can I do to assure UKBA. If anyone can give me some pointers on what can we do, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

transpondia-2011

Re: HELP: Dad application refused

Post by transpondia-2011 » Wed May 10, 2017 3:09 pm

sheedatali wrote:Hello all,
You say you are retired and your income is £360 a month through public funds or benefits and savings and investments. In support of your application some pension documents, savings certificates and bank statements in both you and your wife's name were provided. I note that some deposits being placed in the accounts that are not commensurate with your claimed earnings and the closing balances on the account are not commensurate with your claimed income and expenditure. I further note your stated income from properties and rent are not reflected on the accounts. Therefore I am not satisfied your earnings are as claimed and therefore I am not satisfied that your circumstances are as you have set out or that the bank statements presented are an accurate reflection of your financial position. This undermines the credibility of your application
This article...

https://travel.stackexchange.com/questi ... ometimes-e

may be helpful.