ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extended family members Netherlands-Germany

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DingDong

Extended family members Netherlands-Germany

Post by DingDong » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:11 pm

Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone can share there experience if recently someone has applied for there Extended family members under EU directive either in Germany, Netherlands or any other EU country.
I am aware Ireland has become quite difficult to process these applications but what about other EU countries & if someone got successful recently to get there siblings ?

Thanks to all.

malik0543

Re: Extended family members Netherlands-Germany

Post by malik0543 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:48 pm

UK is best, if you are Irish Citizen

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:08 pm

HamzaCork wrote:Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone can share there experience if recently someone has applied for there Extended family members under EU directive either in Germany, Netherlands or any other EU country.
I am aware Ireland has become quite difficult to process these applications but what about other EU countries & if someone got successful recently to get there siblings ?

Thanks to all.
Holland recognise Extended Family members as Family members under their national law, provided they meet the dependency or membership of household requirement.

In the UK, the grant of an EEA family permit is a discretionary process for Extended family.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Obie wrote:Holland recognise Extended Family members as Family members under their national law, provided they meet the dependency or membership of household requirement.
Is that not the same as the UK, where the extended family member has to prove dependency or membership of household, but once that is proven, the EFM is treated the same as a family member?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:33 pm

No, that is not the case in the UK.

Issuance of Residence card to an Extended family member in the UK is discretionary.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

malik0543

Post by malik0543 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:10 pm

HI Obie

How come Netherlands / Holland recognize Extended Family members as Family members under their national law ?

and is this discretionary to Issuance of Residence card to an Extended family member same in the UK ?

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:57 pm

Obie wrote:
HamzaCork wrote:Hello All,

Thanks to all.
Holland recognise Extended Family members as Family members under their national law, provided they meet the dependency or membership of household requirement.

In the UK, the grant of an EEA family permit is a discretionary process for Extended family.
So it means these countries are the best to apply for EEFM ??

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Post by gokulatti » Tue May 02, 2017 9:56 pm

In the Netherlands, to be recognised as a EFM (unmarried partner) you should be able to demonstrate joint household for at-least 6 months prior to Netherlands or in Netherlands or if you have a child together. Compared to other EU countries which usually require 2 years, Netherlands has very minimal requirements.

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Post by gokulatti » Tue May 02, 2017 10:09 pm

You can check all the requirements and documentation required in this actual application form for the netherlands https://ind.nl/en/forms/5005.pdf, for your sister see page 4, "You are a relative of a national of the Union (not a Dutch national), other than a parent, grandparent, child or grandchild (and you yourself do not originate from the EU) (745 - 752 - 759)"

malik0543

Post by malik0543 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:40 pm

HI gokulatti

Just wondering if someone had piratical experience in Netherlands ...

the reason behind is that i have try in Ireland for my brother but failed .... although i meet all requirement.

now i am looking for any country where are more chance for extended family member.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Wed May 10, 2017 3:56 pm

malik0543 wrote:HI gokulatti

Just wondering if someone had piratical experience in Netherlands ...

the reason behind is that i have try in Ireland for my brother but failed .... although i meet all requirement.

now i am looking for any country where are more chance for extended family member.
I know some one indirectly who has used Germany to bring his mother from Karachi (Pakistan) to UK using SS route but it was about 2 years ago and a lot has changed since then. His case was successful and his mother got the "visa" in UK. However, it took him over a year to do all the case ( 6 months in Germany) and around 6 months in U.K. But remember, it was around 2 years ago.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed May 10, 2017 6:22 pm

Mothers who can prove dependency are direct family members, not extended family members.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

malik0543

Post by malik0543 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:43 pm

HI

Yes parents consider as direct family member.

any know about extended family members ?