ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stuck with Citizenship need help please

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

usmanch313

Stuck with Citizenship need help please

Post by usmanch313 » Wed May 10, 2017 4:07 pm

Hi every one .
My friend applying Citizensship base on 5 years in state.
He is not living any more with his wife,
The both living separate so
Did he have to put married or separate ?
They planning to go for Divorce ?
They don't have any legal separation but they both living separate they married in Ireland ?
Any advice please really appricate

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Stuck with Citizenship need help please

Post by max307 » Wed May 10, 2017 5:40 pm

Is he applying on his own right or is he applying on the basis of marriage to her (I assume EU citizen)?
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

usmanch313

Post by usmanch313 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:32 pm

max307 wrote:Is he applying on his own right or is he applying on the basis of marriage to her (I assume EU citizen)?
Thanks max for reply
He is applying on his own rights nothing to do his marriage .

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Wed May 10, 2017 8:58 pm

If his current status is separated the put separate..
Cheers

usmanch313

Post by usmanch313 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:15 pm

pukon_check wrote:If his current status is separated the put separate..
Cheers
Thanks pukon once again
One thing he don't have any separation papers still this should be fine to out separate ,
Genuinely they both not living together so they separated but not legal separate ,did department will ask him separation papers or he should be fine without separate papers.
Just put separate ?
Thanks

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:18 pm

What are the basis of his 5 years residence in Ireland?

If he's applying on his own right I don't get why the wife will come up in the application at all?
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

usmanch313

Post by usmanch313 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:40 pm

max307 wrote:What are the basis of his 5 years residence in Ireland?

If he's applying on his own right I don't get why the wife will come up in the application at all?
His base is workpermit .he get married in Ireland's.after some personal issues they both separate living. that's it .
He don't have any contact with her.

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Wed May 10, 2017 10:44 pm

Yes put saparate if he is living separately..
If they ask for evidence then provide address prof on ur name and your wife diff address too..
Hopefully they will not ask any evidence if your application based on 5 years residency..
NB: there is mendatory part of every applicant to fill out your status such as married or separate or divorce on form 8..
Cheers

usmanch313

Post by usmanch313 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:54 pm

pukon_check wrote:Yes put saparate if he is living separately..
If they ask for evidence then provide address prof on ur name and your wife diff address too..
Hopefully they will not ask any evidence if your application based on 5 years residency..
NB: there is mendatory part of every applicant to fill out your status such as married or separate or divorce on form 8..
Cheers
Sound pukon
So he don't have to mentioned about his wife details ( Name,D.O.B or Marriage certificate, etc

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Wed May 10, 2017 11:22 pm

Try not to put unnecessary details what is not asked in the From..
Putting unwanted details makes any simple application complicated..
If they need any extra detail from him or regarding his wife they will ask in writing..

Follow all normal instructions while filling out the form..
NB:In the form 8 it demands some evidence which is clearly stated but put extra detail or evidence make your application only bit messy or complicated..
Hope it helps..

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:35 am

If he is currently married to her even though they don't have any contact I would put married in the form, that's his current legal status, right? You are married until the divorce proceedings are over so he is currently married, I don’t think “separated” status exists in Ireland for legal purposes. A legal separation is granted in the form of a court order.

Does he has a court order that can be provided as evidence?
usmanch313 wrote:

His base is workpermit .he get married in Ireland's.after some personal issues they both separate living. that's it .

usmanch313

Post by usmanch313 » Thu May 11, 2017 3:52 pm

max307 wrote:If he is currently married to her even though they don't have any contact I would put married in the form, that's his current legal status, right? You are married until the divorce proceedings are over so he is currently married, I don’t think “separated” status exists in Ireland for legal purposes. A legal separation is granted in the form of a court order.

Does he has a court order that can be provided as evidence?
usmanch313 wrote:

Thanks max and Pukon
He don't have any Legal separation documents from Court.they both living separate both start new life , if they signed agreement that they both living separate nothing to do with each other so that might help as proof of evidence that they both separate , without involving Court when time was completed they can file divorce
What did you say ?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu May 11, 2017 4:11 pm

He can do that if we wish to do so but that doesn’t change the fact that he is married and that’s his current legal status.