ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of department

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Change of department

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu May 11, 2017 11:40 am

Dear All,

I was hoping I won't face any more issues and will get my ILR next year, but it looks like my journey is always full of unpleasant adventures.

I would be very grateful if you could advise on below.

So, I am now working under Tier 2 General scheme (2nd extension) for my company, working in department A with customer A and reporting to manager A. As my department management changed and the new management, unfortunately, are not treating me well, I am now planning to move to department B to work with customer B and report to manager B instead.

The two departments, however, do exactly the same job with the same responsibilities, etc. and require the same skillset except that department A originally required knowledge of a specific language to work with the customer A whilst department B doesn't require any specific language. All other requirements / skills are the same.

I was originally exempt from RLMT as I switched from Tier 4 and then extended my visa.

If I move to the department B my salary will be the same as I have now in department A.

So my questions are:

1. Considering all the information above, if I move to the department B do I need to apply for a new visa and/or does my company HR needs to report this via SMS?

2. The same as point 1 but in case if my Job Title changes when I move to department B, do I need to apply for a new visa and/or does my company HR needs to report this via SMS?

3. In case if my HR needs to update SMS are there any risks that HO will cancel my visa asking to re-apply or visit the site to do further checks?

Thanks a million!