ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment under ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

guruprasadr
Newly Registered

Employment under ILR

Post by guruprasadr » Thu May 11, 2017 11:54 am

Hi,

I represent employer, if person holding UK ILR status. From employer, do we need to do RMLT and assign new CoS if we going to hire the person? Please assist.

Richard007
Barbados

Re: Employment under ILR

Post by Richard007 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:37 pm

People with valid Indefinite Leave to Remain UK visa's have permission to work in the country without the employer carrying out a Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT) or assign a CoS. You can take them on like you would a normal British citizen. However as an employer it is your responsibility to ensure that their ILR visa is valid by using the home office Employer Checking Service (https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status)

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Employment under ILR

Post by zimba » Fri May 12, 2017 12:56 am

People with settled status (ILR) are allowed to live and work in the UK without any restriction :!:
As an employer, you might want to do a 'right to work' check with HO but that is all you need really.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice