ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child benefit and ILR impact

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alphakh1
Newly Registered

child benefit and ILR impact

Post by alphakh1 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:37 pm

Hi,
I became british citizen long before I got married. The route was Tier 1 general, ILR and citizenship. I now have a child (UK national by birth) and am receiving child benefit. Would my receiving the child benefit affect my wife's eligibility towards her Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK?
Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: child benefit and ILR impact

Post by CR001 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:46 pm

Would my receiving the child benefit affect my wife's eligibility towards her Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK?
No, not if you are claiming in YOUR name. If you are claiming child tax credits you MUST claim this in JOINT names with your wife.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.