ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit - unmarried partner

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

swillis
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit - unmarried partner

Post by swillis » Thu May 11, 2017 5:31 pm

Hello,

Hoping someone would be able to provide some guidance:

If I applied for an EEA Family Permit for an unmarried partner and it was refused, would a subsequent application after obtaining a marriage certificate be looked at as a marriage of convenience?

Could a marriage of convenience still be determined even if I can provide evidence of a relationship and living together for 15 months? I think I have fairly strong documentation of proof of the relationship - addressed mail, joint bank account, plenty of travel documentation, flight itineraries visiting each other when we lived apart. Part of the reason we have not reached the two years is because of a sick family member and I have included evidence of this but I don't expect that to offset much.

My concern is that even with the documentation.. applying as a married partner so soon after the date on the marriage certificate and the probable rejected first attempt would make it look quite clear that the marriage would be for a visa benefit?

Thank you

kev123703
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Permit - unmarried partner

Post by kev123703 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:49 pm

U should be fine I was previously married to a British got divorced seemed approval from home office to marry my now German wife they approved we got married n sent off documents living together almost a year if it's genuine u shouldn't have to wirr