ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired COA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zimsparta

Expired COA

Post by Zimsparta » Thu May 11, 2017 10:48 pm

How long does it REALLY take to receive a new coa after reauesting one via email?? Are they really sending it within three days as they should do?
Are they taking the mick?
So After finally getting married last year August we have applied for the eea family visa and got the COA on the 1. November. It has been expired and we emailed to the NW. .... after A and got the automatic response in the 1st May. Today it's the 11th and we still did not receive it. I have then went another mail on the 9th, 10th and 11th as I'm the phone we were told to just keep mailing. The application is still outstanding. We were not aware that we can apply through the email thing and thought we would get a message from the homeoffice automatically when the COA expires.
I am use to the HO 's arbitrary behaviours but I thought they d have at least some guidelines they have to adhere to?

kev123703
Newly Registered

Re: Expired COA

Post by kev123703 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:14 pm

They r jokes n liars. Seems they are like robots told what to do

Zimsparta

Post by Zimsparta » Thu May 11, 2017 11:34 pm

What do you mean? A productive response would be helpful as things get really hard as my husband had to stop working.how can we get the COA renewal?

kev123703
Newly Registered

Post by kev123703 » Fri May 12, 2017 12:05 am

Apologies I mean the home office are just jokers. I am in the same boat I for suspended from work today and my HR is carrying out another right to work this time with a case ID as I did my biometrics yesterday hopefully it comes soon but you can email this address but I doubt they will get back to you.. when did your jays and do his biometrics

nweurocoarequest@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Zimsparta

Post by Zimsparta » Fri May 12, 2017 12:22 am

kev123703 wrote:Apologies I mean the home office are just jokers. I am in the same boat I for suspended from work today and my HR is carrying out another right to work this time with a case ID as I did my biometrics yesterday hopefully it comes soon but you can email this address but I doubt they will get back to you.. when did your jays and do his biometrics

nweurocoarequest@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
I have emailed to this address about 6 times now. They are supposed to send a renewal coa out within 3 days of receipt. He submitted his biometrics last year October and had the COA issues in the 1st November.
I get an automatic response any time I mail but the COA is not coming.
1at may was a bank holiday. Let's say the letter went out on the 4th or 5th. Even with second class postage it is supposed to be here by now.
I do not get y they don't stick to their own guudlines and why they get away with EVERYTHING.

kev123703
Newly Registered

Post by kev123703 » Fri May 12, 2017 12:44 am

I know how you feel they are just something else I got suspended today n I hope they send mine soon

Zimsparta

Post by Zimsparta » Fri May 12, 2017 11:33 am

kev123703 wrote:I know how you feel they are just something else I got suspended today n I hope they send mine soon
According to an immigration advisor when you are married to a European exercising their treaty right you do not even need a certificate neither a visa to work. I have now written to my MP and sent the 7th mail to them. Please let me know when you got yyours.

kev123703
Newly Registered

Post by kev123703 » Fri May 12, 2017 12:06 pm

Yes you are right. It if you want to travel, plus this broexit and also if u want to work u do need it as ur employers will carry out checks. They just make things complicated very frustrating . In my case I was previously married to a British national and things ddnt work out so we divorced before my 2.5 years expired and I requested the home office to approve me to marry my new partner who's German and they did so we sent everything thing off. My visa expired on 4th may and my employers did a check if I can work on the 3rd of may. On the 10th of my I got my biometrics and did it and home office came back with my employers check I don't have right to work so am
Guessing it's because of my previous visa plus the fact that I hadn't received my biometrics for my eea permit now they have suspended me and said that they will carry out a. New check on me this time with my case ID for my current visa application for eea card so am
Hoping it comes back positive even before my COA arrives. I emailed the COA team and an automated response came saying do not contact 21 days of u only did it biometrics hoping that won't affect the checks my employer is doing

Zimsparta

Post by Zimsparta » Wed May 17, 2017 11:55 am

Today I finally got a response from the HO. They refused a renewal saying we withdrew a tribunal appeal on the 4th November. However that appeal was regarding an application from an earlier date. They totally ignored the fact that I have an application outstanding. And asked to leave the country.

kev123703
Newly Registered

Post by kev123703 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:17 pm

Oh no am sorry to hear this.
I got a response as well from my employer and I can work. They run a check using my case ID this time ( my employer) and came back as I can work. Hmmm man I hate u got this news. Let ur employer run a check using ur case ID if they don't mind mine came positive even though I havnt even received my COA

Zimsparta

Post by Zimsparta » Wed May 17, 2017 6:14 pm

kev123703 wrote:Oh no am sorry to hear this.
I got a response as well from my employer and I can work. They run a check using my case ID this time ( my employer) and came back as I can work. Hmmm man I hate u got this news. Let ur employer run a check using ur case ID if they don't mind mine came positive even though I havnt even received my COA
The people in Sheffield totally ignored the second application that is still having an outstanding decision. They just referred to the first application. Also I have applied to get my German passport back (I m the wife writing this) by letter on the 28th of April and by online form on the 13th but I didn't still get my pass back. I m wondering if they have lost my application as they have not made a decision in 8 months.

After calling them they said a decision is still outstanding. But then Sheffield is talking as if it's not even existing.
I have sent a letter to them asking them to rectify their mistake. I have sent a copy of my coa that was issued on the 1st November and explained that he did not acknowledged the recent application.
Let's see what nonsense they come up with now. I have also written a complaint about this case worker. I am really wanting to sue the homeoffice for loss of earnings and emotional stress.

kev123703
Newly Registered

Post by kev123703 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:44 pm

man these people are very slow. i hope things work out for you soon. have you tried seeking legal advice? or get a lawyer to sort this out for you i know its quite expensive but if you can ill say use them. they hardly regcosnize anything until a lawyer starts pushing for you. i am using a lawyer and i have used for all my applications

Zimsparta

Post by Zimsparta » Thu May 18, 2017 1:11 pm

kev123703 wrote:man these people are very slow. i hope things work out for you soon. have you tried seeking legal advice? or get a lawyer to sort this out for you i know its quite expensive but if you can ill say use them. they hardly regcosnize anything until a lawyer starts pushing for you. i am using a lawyer and i have used for all my applications
I have spent so much on this case that I m totally broke now. I have met a lawyer who may be able to help but he lives in Italy now and will only be in UK on the 30est of June. There was a time when there was a charity offering free immigration advise. But this is no more existing. I need my passport back to go to Germany end of this month but I have not heard from the HO since I have written them a letter.

kev123703
Newly Registered

Post by kev123703 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:43 pm

this sounds very frustrating. can you not send your national ID to replace the passport so you can travel as that is what my wife did she only sent her national ID and used her german passport. also if you lie anywhere near coventry i would say go visit the lawyer i use she offers free advise every wednesdas and fridays. she is called saria Bashir BHB law. she's very good check her out on google and possibly contact her if you can. i hope you will be able to sort things out soon

Zimsparta

Post by Zimsparta » Mon May 22, 2017 7:46 am

I have no more ID card. I m.in UK since 2004. Those days you can't keep your OS card IG you don't love in Germany. Another stupid thing they brought up. Lol saying I did not settle here. With all my p60s and p45s and mortgage statement. They have the guys to say I m not excercising my treaty right. Because when they ring my perv employer I have moved jobs but my employer didn't tell them. Lol anyway that was in a previous application get away with so many things. I wish i found a lawyer who would sue them for me just for the fun of it. That lawyer could keep any compensation. But they should really pay for my husbands loss of earning as they did not send me my coa as they supposed to. The lawyer could keep all that.all I want is my right. I m financially and emotionally done. And so is my partner. We are very depressed and hardly sleep. It's torture what they do to us. It's not fair.