ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign births and EUFam

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Water_tank
Newly Registered

Foreign births and EUFam

Post by Water_tank » Fri May 12, 2017 8:16 am

Hi Guys

So my wife recently got accepted for 5 year EUFam stamp. I am a british citizen and i wanted to apply for Foreign births certificate and eventually Irish passport. I can get Irish nationality through my Irish Grandparents.
I have been thinking when it comes to applying for PR after 5 years and I hold dual nationality (UK & Ireland) would this have any impact on applying PR when the time comes?

Cheers

pukon_check

Re: Foreign births and EUFam

Post by pukon_check » Fri May 12, 2017 8:36 am

Based on ur saying if u get Irish passport through ur grand parents why do you need to apply for P.R again.
Getting an Irish passport is ur citizenship in Ireland..you do not need P.R ..
Now as your wife got residency based on your treaty practice,if you get Irish passport you need let them know they might change her status Eufam to domestic status stamp 4..
Hope it helps

Water_tank
Newly Registered

Post by Water_tank » Fri May 12, 2017 11:51 am

pukon_check wrote:Based on ur saying if u get Irish passport through ur grand parents why do you need to apply for P.R again.
Getting an Irish passport is ur citizenship in Ireland..you do not need P.R ..
Now as your wife got residency based on your treaty practice,if you get Irish passport you need let them know they might change her status Eufam to domestic status stamp 4..
Hope it helps
PR is for my wife not me. I'm a British Citizen.
I'm unsure if it will complicate things with EUfam etc if i hold dual nationality.

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Fri May 12, 2017 1:15 pm

Actually it won't..if u use Irish passport and update them she can apply for citizenship after 3 years based on her marriage..to a Irish citizen..
It won't complecate anything at all..
If you don't update them she can apply for her citizenship after 5 years..
Citizenship department will see if she has current updated visa as well as good character..
However u were saying it will impact on her P.R ...
It will not because if u achieve ur Irish citizenship and submit its even more easier because they will treat her with domestic rules.

Water_tank
Newly Registered

Post by Water_tank » Fri May 12, 2017 7:45 pm

pukon_check wrote:Actually it won't..if u use Irish passport and update them she can apply for citizenship after 3 years based on her marriage..to a Irish citizen..
It won't complecate anything at all..
If you don't update them she can apply for her citizenship after 5 years..
Citizenship department will see if she has current updated visa as well as good character..
However u were saying it will impact on her P.R ...
It will not because if u achieve ur Irish citizenship and submit its even more easier because they will treat her with domestic rules.

Thanks for that.
I will wait until i am sorted as i know there is a huge backlog of FBR application taking more than 6 months.
Then I will look into changing wife's status based on my irish citizenship.