ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship approval

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zhonor

Citizenship approval

Post by Zhonor » Fri May 12, 2017 2:30 pm

I'm slightly confused as when reading some approvals; they receive approval and have to book a date but some applicants receive the letter from the council informing them the ceremony date. Is it different in every council?

I applied in Feb 2017 and will be going away for holiday for 3 weeks therefore am wondering what happens as I don't think it will be approved before I leave on my holiday.

What happens if you miss the ceremony date the council gives you?

I see some approval dates and receipt of letter dates vary from 1-2 weeks and there is a time limit to book the ceremony from approval date?

Anyone missed the ceremony date before in this forum and what happened if you do? (If the dates were set by council instead of booked by the applicant)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship approval

Post by CR001 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:44 pm

It won't be a date immediately, likely a few weeks away.
I see some approval dates and receipt of letter dates vary from 1-2 weeks and there is a time limit to book the ceremony from approval date?
You should book your ceremony within 21 days and you must attend your ceremony within 90 days.
Anyone missed the ceremony date before in this forum and what happened if you do? (If the dates were set by council instead of booked by the applicant)
No people attend it, because if you miss it, your certificate is sent back and you lose out and have to apply and pay again. If you get a date set from the council, you can change the date.

It varies from council to council on how they do it, re set date or letter to call and book a date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zhonor

Re: Citizenship approval

Post by Zhonor » Sat May 13, 2017 10:45 am

CR001 wrote:
It won't be a date immediately, likely a few weeks away.
You should book your ceremony within 21 days and you must attend your ceremony within 90 days.
No people attend it, because if you miss it, your certificate is sent back and you lose out and have to apply and pay again. If you get a date set from the council, you can change the date.

It varies from council to council on how they do it, re set date or letter to call and book a date.
Thanks CR001 ... I hope that I don't miss anything while I'm away :) as I see some getting letters that are delayed which cuts the 21 days short or even receiving the council invitation and nothing from ukvi