ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visas: extend your stay in the UK finance statement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajohn_ali
Newly Registered

Family visas: extend your stay in the UK finance statement

Post by rajohn_ali » Fri May 12, 2017 4:10 pm

Hello, to all who may be in my situation or have experienced my current situation I am reaching out for advice on the following situation.

I am currently applying for a spouse visa for my partner who is currently in the UK on a Tier 5 Visa, we have recently registered our marriage and she has completed her A1 English language test.

We are going to apply for our spouse visa however my concern is that on my bank statements i have been in overdraft for the past 6 months, will this be a problem for our application.

I currently earn £26,000/annum and own a two-bedroom property. Which I will show in our application. So in my overdraft I have in £-1800 debit. What do you guys think I should do, and do you think I will be fine.

Any Help or advice will much appreciated.

KatieWills
Wales

Re: Family visas: extend your stay in the UK finance stateme

Post by KatieWills » Fri May 12, 2017 4:34 pm

You meet the financial requirement, UKVI aren't concerned with your outgoings etc just as as you earn more than £18,600 pa.
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

rajohn_ali
Newly Registered

Post by rajohn_ali » Mon May 15, 2017 11:31 am

Thank you Katie,

I have heard of people being declined because of there overdraft, but i think it was mainly due to the fact that the didn't show that they had an overdraft approved.

I will be submitting soon, let's see how it goes.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:23 pm

rajohn_ali wrote:Thank you Katie,

I have heard of people being declined because of there overdraft, but i think it was mainly due to the fact that the didn't show that they had an overdraft approved.

I will be submitting soon, let's see how it goes.
Don't believe everything you 'hear'. HO is not interested in you being in overdraft, they are ONLY interested in your income.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rajohn_ali
Newly Registered

Post by rajohn_ali » Mon May 15, 2017 4:37 pm

Ok CR001,

I am selling a couple of thing this month so hopefully i will reduce the overdraft amount, i just don't want to give HO any reason to decline my wife getting her visa.