ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEED CORRECTION IN TIER 2 PARTNER VISA VIGNETTE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

twcbbr
Newly Registered

NEED CORRECTION IN TIER 2 PARTNER VISA VIGNETTE

Post by twcbbr » Sat May 13, 2017 7:00 am

Hi,

I am on Tier 2 General Visa. I first came to UK with 3 yrs visa expiring in oct 2017. But I have changed my sponsor (switched job) last year so I got visa/BRP card expiring in 2019. I have married recently and applied for dependent visa from India. My wife received visa with expiry date as same my old visa (oct 2017) and didn't receive any brp card letter as visa expires within 6 months. As far as I know she should receive 30 days visa and a brp letter where in she can collect the brp card in uk which expiry date should be same as mine. Please suggest :
1. Can we make this correction in UK?
2. If the correction has to be made in India before travel, what is the process? whom to contact?
Thanks in advance

vinny

Re: NEED CORRECTION IN TIER 2 PARTNER VISA VIGNETTE

Post by vinny » Sat May 13, 2017 7:16 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

twcbbr
Newly Registered

Post by twcbbr » Sat May 13, 2017 10:56 am

Hi Vinny,

Thanks for response. I have gone through this link. This says how to amend in UK. But can my wife travel with the visa she got?
Thanks

twcbbr
Newly Registered

Post by twcbbr » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:39 pm

After a bit struggle my visa got sorted out and we travelled smoothly. I share my experience this might be useful to someone
My wife got visa with more than 30 days and without BRP card letter. After small investigation I found they have given based on my old visa that expires within 6 months. So if visa expires in 6 months they don't issue brp card letter. I contaced the entry clearance errors mail id (EntryClearance.Errors@fco.gov.uk). They responded within one day asking to submit for correction. we were prepared to submit. Few hours before we received one more mail from them asking not to submit as the date is valid for travel and BRP card letter with proper dates will be sent out by email. After two days we received the proper BRP card letter by email. We travelled without any hurdle at UK border and collected the BRP card.

Cheers!
Best of luck