ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

less than 20 hours job EEA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cdyz5
Pakistan

less than 20 hours job EEA

Post by cdyz5 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:54 pm

HI i am on EEA extend family permit visa. working full time job where as my partner work in a supermarket. her contract was 20 hours but since last two month she is only getting 8 hours per week. she start working for supermarket in last year OCT.

question can i be able to extnend my visa EEA next year (which is due) as i have a rock solid proof she is working in supermarket. forexample wage slips and the contract letter.

i am worried she is doing less than 20 hours in a week. could this be a problem for me. also to mention i have 3 kids from my EEA partner.

secret.simon

Re: less than 20 hours job EEA

Post by secret.simon » Sat May 13, 2017 4:59 pm

8 hours a week almost certainly would not qualify as "genuine and effective" work, but as "marginal and ancillary" work. In that case, it would be concluded that your EEA citizen partner is not exercising treaty rights fully and hence your right to reside in the UK could be in doubt.

Can you get her to increase the number of hours at work?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

cdyz5
Pakistan

Re: less than 20 hours job EEA

Post by cdyz5 » Sun May 14, 2017 11:49 am

can ask her to incearse the hours. my EEA FM is due next year. aslo it does not seems like a good chances for me to extend a new visa.

just thinking to apply for canadian immigration.