ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

english language for my wife -joint application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

omsai7
Newly Registered

english language for my wife -joint application

Post by omsai7 » Thu May 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Hi,

I'm applying for british citizenship with my wife (joint appln). I'm submitting my university degree from London as a Knowledge of English test certficate. What can my wife submit for Knowledge of English test certficate doc? She did not study in UK, she studied in India.

Also, I see lot of people are talking about driving license & utilities bill as a supporting docs, is it necessary?

Thank you so much for your help.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: english language for my wife -joint application

Post by alterhase58 » Thu May 11, 2017 3:55 pm

All applications are individual, i.e. wife applies in her own right.
Easiest way would be to take a B1 language test (from the list of approved test centres), or If the course was taught in English she may be able to obtain a letter from the uni confirming this plus NARIC certification. B1 and NARIC cost the same (c.£150) but the language test is quicker to arrange.
Driving licence and utility bills are not necessary for BC.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

omsai7
Newly Registered

Post by omsai7 » Thu May 11, 2017 4:12 pm

alterhase58 wrote:All applications are individual, i.e. wife applies in her own right.
Easiest way would be to take a B1 language test (from the list of approved test centres), or If the course was taught in English she may be able to obtain a letter from the uni confirming this plus NARIC certification. B1 and NARIC cost the same (c.£150) but the language test is quicker to arrange.
Driving licence and utility bills are not necessary for BC.
Thanks!

omsai7
Newly Registered

Post by omsai7 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:35 pm

Hi, she did her masters from US long time back, will her degree suffice? or NARIC be needed? We submitted the same for ILR application. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:52 pm

omsai7 wrote:Hi, she did her masters from US long time back, will her degree suffice? or NARIC be needed? We submitted the same for ILR application. Thanks.
Is she a US citizen??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

omsai7
Newly Registered

Post by omsai7 » Sat May 13, 2017 9:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
omsai7 wrote:Hi, she did her masters from US long time back, will her degree suffice? or NARIC be needed? We submitted the same for ILR application. Thanks.
Is she a US citizen??
No, she is Indian but she did her masters from university in the US.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 13, 2017 10:31 pm

NARIC confirmation required.
2.2(a)(iii) wrote:..., which is deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK,...
Annex E & E(i): the knowledge of language and life in the UK requirement wrote:Section 1
The Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK requirement - this section refers to applications made on or after 28 October 2013. The guidance notes can be found on the UKBA website at the following link: Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK
Knowledge of language and life in the UK wrote:If the applicant has a degree that was taught or researched in a majority English speaking country (excluding Canada) they must provide:
• their degree certificate
• an Academic Qualification Level Statement (AQUALS) from UK NARIC confirming the qualification is equivalent to a UK qualification.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.