ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone here from Portugal please ?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bluemoon2

Anyone here from Portugal please ?

Post by bluemoon2 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi , i am just wondering if anyone here if from Portugal please ? i just have a query and want some clarification about it , i heard once you are in Portugal on a short stay visa or if your have no valid visa left , you can still try to get work and if you are succeed to get work then you can get employment without a work permit and once you are in that employment for 12 months then you can apply for residence card , i am just wondering if that is right or someone has given me wrong information ?
Any help would be much appreciated . Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Anyone here from Portugal please ?

Post by Wanderer » Sat May 13, 2017 3:41 pm

Sounds like a loads of bollocks to me.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

compi
Newly Registered

Post by compi » Sat May 13, 2017 11:55 pm

Yes, Under Article 88, you can do that in Portugal.

Prerequisites are:

1 - you must have legal entry in Schengen Area.
2- Your visa should expire in Portugal.
3 - You have paid 6 months social insurance. Which you can do by finding any work when you enter, or someone gives you contract and you pay social insurance by yourself.

it takes minimum 1 year after you have submitted you expression of interest to get residency. you will get card for 1 year, which is renewable every 2 year.

Its not bollocks, Portugal government supports work migrants, and this option is out there since 2008. Process is quiet easy, but once you have submitted your EOI, you are not supposed to leave country until you get residency. Should have patience, which is normally 1 or 1 and half year now a days.

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Sun May 14, 2017 1:22 am

@ compi , thanks very much , much appreciated , is there any other condition, other than you mentioned here ? is there any specific visa category you must have while entering in Portugal or you can enter with any visa ? are you from Portugal yourself ? thanks again .

compi
Newly Registered

Post by compi » Sun May 14, 2017 9:36 am

Hi,

Yes, I am living in Portugal last 8 months, But I didn't apply for Article 88, I have different situation. But many people I know, they have residency based on this scheme.

I don't know if some specific visa type is prohibited, but normally people get visit visa from any other state other than Portugal. Because its hard to get Schengen visit visa from Portuguese embassies. You must have proof that you when you entered Portugal, your visa was not expired. you can do this if you stay in a hotel, because hotels send report to SEF every night. Or you go to SEF on day of arrival and ask them to stamp you an affidavit about your entry.

you can see more details this link. http://www.imigrante.pt/PagesEN/Documen ... t88N2.aspx

I dont konw if we can paste links on this forum, otherwise search for Article 88 in Portugal, on Google.

What nationality you are?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun May 14, 2017 11:45 am

compi wrote:Yes, Under Article 88, you can do that in Portugal.

Prerequisites are:

1 - you must have legal entry in Schengen Area.
2- Your visa should expire in Portugal.
3 - You have paid 6 months social insurance. Which you can do by finding any work when you enter, or someone gives you contract and you pay social insurance by yourself.

it takes minimum 1 year after you have submitted you expression of interest to get residency. you will get card for 1 year, which is renewable every 2 year.

Its not bollocks, Portugal government supports work migrants, and this option is out there since 2008. Process is quiet easy, but once you have submitted your EOI, you are not supposed to leave country until you get residency. Should have patience, which is normally 1 or 1 and half year now a days.
I tend corrected, said the man in the orthopaedic shoes.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

rachelwithch
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by rachelwithch » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:21 pm

the rules changed last september: you do not need 6 months discounts to social security anymore and you can apply for a visa just with a promise of contract.
That means you can start a job today and apply for article 88 today, if you have contract. And if you have a promise of contract you can apply even without social security number but by the time you have your appointment with the authorities you should be already contracted.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:43 pm

compi wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 9:36 am
Hi,

Yes, I am living in Portugal last 8 months, But I didn't apply for Article 88, I have different situation. But many people I know, they have residency based on this scheme.

I don't know if some specific visa type is prohibited, but normally people get visit visa from any other state other than Portugal. Because its hard to get Schengen visit visa from Portuguese embassies. You must have proof that you when you entered Portugal, your visa was not expired. you can do this if you stay in a hotel, because hotels send report to SEF every night. Or you go to SEF on day of arrival and ask them to stamp you an affidavit about your entry.

you can see more details this link. http://www.imigrante.pt/PagesEN/Documen ... t88N2.aspx

I dont konw if we can paste links on this forum, otherwise search for Article 88 in Portugal, on Google.

Hi Compi ,

Is it still valid till today ?

Can you please confirm...Thx

compi
Newly Registered

Post by compi » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:03 pm

Babajee85 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:43 pm
compi wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 9:36 am
Hi,

Hi Compi ,

Is it still valid till today ?

Can you please confirm...Thx

yes, its still valid.