ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa From Bangladesh

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abz79

Spouse Visa From Bangladesh

Post by abz79 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:11 pm

hi there
I am going to apply for my wife "settlement visa. I need some information about submitting the application.
1) After completing the online application with supporting documents where do I need to send all the documents.?
Do I need to submit it to VSF Bangladesh or do I need to send it to Sheffield?
if I need to submit it to Sheffield then I have to bring all of my wife's document here.

BTW I have got ILR .
many thanks in advance.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse Visa From Bangladesh

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:18 pm

You complete VAF4A online, do payments etc. Print a copy of VAF4A and send it to your wife in BD with all your supporting docs. She then adds her supporting docs and submits it to VFS in Sylhet / Dhaka.

Sheffield is for Pakistanis etc. not for BD
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

abz79

Post by abz79 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:09 pm

Thanks Mate.
:D :D

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:29 am

Make sure your wife takes the correct test IELTS Life Skills A1. Desh is known for chicken-ups

abz79

Post by abz79 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:44 pm

Thanks mate.
she already done that. Everything is ready apart from my bank statements
my bank statement comes every 25th of the month.
but salary comes to the account at the last day of the month.
so eg dec statement money comes in 24/12/16 because of Xmas
January statement there is no money came according to bank statement date which is 25th of every month.
that means I missed out of showing the amount on January month statement.
Actually January salary comes to February statement.
does it make any difference ?
or shall I print out the statement with specific date from online banking and get the stamp from bank???

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:57 pm

If you are applying under CAT A then 6 x payslip which is accompanied with 6 x salary in account. Basically you have to show salary was actually paid into account. If there is few days of variation am sure it does not matter as no one gets salary exact same day especially if its where it is paid last Friday of month etc.

You can also get letter from employer to state, start date, salary, how much earned, position etc. and also get them to confirm that the payslips supplied is genuine.

You need to show all 6 salary were paid into account with a bank statement, which needs to be stamped too. It does not have to be 6 x bank statements. You can cover the whole period of time that's required.

Also in Desh gets your Nikah registration translated into a certified English and submit both together.

Have a close read of Appendix FM. and also get someone to check all is in order before submitting to ensure there is no hick-ups.

May Allah make this a successful application for you, Ameen.

abz79

Post by abz79 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:25 pm

Thanks for clarifying all this brother.
I am applying under category A.
will ask for employer letter and of course will mention the staff its required according to guidelines.
BTW I have got the English translated copy of Nikah Nama which is notarized and a marriage certificate from pouroshova.
so do I need to provide the Bengali version of Nikah Nama along with other 2 types of document mentioned above??

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:30 am

Yes, provide both as the Bangla version is the original and the translated version is the English one.

abz79

Post by abz79 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:12 am

Thanks for the advise.

abz79

Post by abz79 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:00 pm

hi there
as you know I am going to apply for my wife settlement visa.
I have prepared all the documents so far. The lists are as follows.
printed application form
appendix 2
English test certificate
TB Test Result
passport of my wife
photograph
marriage certificate( original/certified in English)

As a Sponsor I am providing:
payslips of 6 months
bank statement
tenancy agreement
landlord no objection letter
employer letter.
property inspection report.
communication details with my wife e.g. messages, phone call etc.
photocopy of my passport, BRP Card

Few months ago I been applied for British citizenship. so my passport and all other documents are in home office now. if I send the photocopy of the passport and BRP card is this ok?

do I need to provide any employment agreement?
I have received a letter from employer which contains my salary ,job start date, position, and type of job i.e. permanent.

also I rent a room which is my friend's house which is 1 hour distance by car from my workplace.
does it make any difference??

your help will be highly appreciated.

Fatehabegum1982
Newly Registered

Post by Fatehabegum1982 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:04 am

Hi I just saw your post and was wondering when did you submit your wife's application in Bangladesh?

I've submitted my husbands application on the 19th March and I know the processing time say can take up to 30 working days.

I wanted to know if anyone knows should we not hear anything upon 30 working days can we trace or take the application, and if so will it go against him?!

Thank you

abz79

Post by abz79 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:28 pm

i haven't apply for my wife yet.
I have done all the documents ready apart from my bank statement that would be ready by end of next month.(6 month )
so far I know most of the settlement visa application nowadays are decided within 30 days .
but if it is not may be better to wait because within 60 days all the application decided by ECO unless any major issues.

Mouludmiah85
Newly Registered

Post by Mouludmiah85 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:54 am

abz79 wrote:i haven't apply for my wife yet.
I have done all the documents ready apart from my bank statement that would be ready by end of next month.(6 month )
so far I know most of the settlement visa application nowadays are decided within 30 days .
but if it is not may be better to wait because within 60 days all the application decided by ECO unless any major issues.

Hi Abz,

I want to advise you to look on the VFS bangladesh website on how yo submit the application if the applicant is from Bangladesh. Previously UKVI allowed the application to be submitted through the application centres in Bangladesh however since April 2017 they have changed it and now all applications must be sent to Sheffield (including Bangladesh).
But they will take the passport as well as the biometrics at the application centre as usual. Hope this helps!

abz79

Post by abz79 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:31 pm

hello mou
thanks for the valuable advise.
but what other documents need to show in Bangladesh.
is this only passport?
plz if anyone know, update here.

another thing is where to submit the TB test certificates?

Mouludmiah85
Newly Registered

Post by Mouludmiah85 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:29 pm

Hi Abz,

My husband took the application with all the documents alongside with his passport and two passport sized photos. The documents that he had included the following:
An opening letter explaining what has been included. Copy of online application woth appendix, TB certificate, proof of geniune marraige i.e. Marraige certificate, call history etc, accommodation letter, and proof of income with bank statements etc.

So basically he took everything with him and they scanned everything and returned all the documents. They even returned the TB certificate. The application centre only kept his passport and his biometric finger print. He then laid the new fee and was given a reciept. However even though they scanned all the documents at the centre, for a piece of mind i posted the application to Sheffield.

I would say all your wife needs to do is send her Tb and English certificates to you and you should compile and give everything to Sheffield. She only needs to take the appointment letter with her passport. Also proof that you have paid for the Nhs surcharge.

I am still waiting on my husband's visa decision. Litle bit nervous :(

abz79

Post by abz79 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:24 am

thanks Mou
wish u all the best for the success of your application.
I shall file the application 1st week of June . just waiting for the final bank statement to come which cover 6 months end of this month.

abz79

Post by abz79 » Tue May 09, 2017 3:44 pm

hello everyone
need a help regarding my wife visa application.
I have done the payment for IHS today and book the
appointment on 4/6/17.
my question is ::
do my wife need to take the printed application form to VFS.

As I know all the documents need to send to Sheffield. But little bit confused of
the documents that have to take to VFS.
is this only Appointment letter.
Passport.
that is it ?
or anything else?

PLZ if anyone come across the same situation, share your experience.

many thanks

misterkhan87
Newly Registered

Post by misterkhan87 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:03 pm

abz79 wrote:hi there
I am going to apply for my wife "settlement visa. I need some information about submitting the application.
1) After completing the online application with supporting documents where do I need to send all the documents.?
Do I need to submit it to VSF Bangladesh or do I need to send it to Sheffield?
if I need to submit it to Sheffield then I have to bring all of my wife's document here.

BTW I have got ILR .
many thanks in advance.

Salam brother,

Firstly please make sure to submit appendix 2. I didn't have the opportunity and now really panicking please don't add extra stress like me. Be prepared with everything. Make sure to carefully check everything. My wife went to visa centre in Sylhet. Gave all documents and like you probably guessed it took 5500 taka for checking documents. Didn't really say anything other than they have scanned this and will hear within 6 weeks.

After submitting a post earlier I found out I may needed to submit appendix 2 as the website isn't clear. Just get your wife to take the printed copy. You can easily scan and send everything online to her. Please dwaa for my wife as well.

I hope you have everything ready to submit and all the best.

abz79

Post by abz79 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:33 am

the new guideline which is in affect from April 2017 clearly states that all supporting documents need to submit to Sheffield.
also it states no supporting documents will be accepted in visa application centre in Bangladesh.

Now it is too much confusing ......by the way when did you submit your wife application brother?
was it before April or After 6th of April 2017??

Bengalisister123
Newly Registered

Post by Bengalisister123 » Sat May 13, 2017 10:04 pm

Just wanted to know,
Has anyone applied recently for spouse visa? Before the new change in sending documents in sheffield?

I applied in mid March 2017,, still no reply.
Anybody applied and got something back???

ShainJaman
Newly Registered

Post by ShainJaman » Sun May 14, 2017 7:57 am

Assalamu Alaikum my Brothers & Sisters please read the Guideline given to you in the vfsa Bangladesh you will see it clearly says All Documents Must Be Sent To Sheffield.

May Allah Bless You All With Jannah Please read the Quran in your own language this Ramadan may Allah open are hearts.

Insha'allah

Hamzijs
Newly Registered

Post by Hamzijs » Sun May 14, 2017 12:02 pm

We are in the same situation aswel we made application on the 12th of march and we still haven't heard anything it's been 9 weeks already.
Please let me know if there is any news as we are really starting to worry now as I'm 8 months pregnant and stuck out in Bangladesh.

Thank you

Bengalisister123
Newly Registered

Post by Bengalisister123 » Sun May 14, 2017 12:43 pm

Mashallah Congrats on your pregnancy! But i think you should make your way back to UK now, youre in your last stages of pregnancy, anything can happen.

If youre baby was to be born in desh, there'll be more hassle.

Just think, whatever's meant to be will be. No need to stress. Allāh knows best. But make du'ā we all hear good news soon.

Hamzijs
Newly Registered

Post by Hamzijs » Sun May 14, 2017 2:26 pm

Yeah I wish I could go back to the uk now but I'm still waiting on the home office to reply. This is my second application and the first time it only took 4 weeks for a answer.
If you here anything let me know please :(

Bengalisister123
Newly Registered

Post by Bengalisister123 » Sun May 14, 2017 2:56 pm

I dont think you should risk it. My husbands friends have applied before him - in feb 2017, and they still havent heard anything back yet.

Is it your hubby youve applied for?
You should consider going back to uk, and wait for decision there.