ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English test day before premium appointment.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

legalalien
United Kingdom

English test day before premium appointment.

Post by legalalien » Sun May 14, 2017 9:45 am

Hello members

Quick question, we have an English test today for A2 for FLR m, our appointment is tomorrow with Ukvi. Assuming we pass the test can we use the SELT reference as provided by trinity college on email (booking number) or do we need to wait for the certificate before going to appointment with UKVI.

legalalien
United Kingdom

Re: English test day before premium appointment.

Post by legalalien » Sun May 14, 2017 10:02 am

Oh dear, just found out about paragraph 32 on FLR m se, she passed ILETS at a higher level and accepted for entry clearance so looks like I wasted £150 on an A2 test which is not needed! I am not going to tell her she doesn't need it :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun May 14, 2017 10:09 am

legalalien wrote:Oh dear, just found out about paragraph 32 on FLR m se, she passed ILETS at a higher level and accepted for entry clearance so looks like I wasted £150 on an A2 test which is not needed! I am not going to tell her she doesn't need it :)
We might tell her. :wink:

In any event, lucky that she already has the required level as it takes around 7 days for the results to be released. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Sun May 14, 2017 12:09 pm

Thank you for telling on me :)

Just for the benefit of other readers, Will trinity college provisional results not be accepted (or not appear on UKVI checking system) until certificate is issued in 7days?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun May 14, 2017 12:18 pm

My understanding is that the results will take at least a few days to appear in the UKVI system. I do know that the Life in the UK test centres generally advise 7 days for a PSC application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Sun May 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Just a quick update Casa you are correct. Centre stated that it can take up to 48hrs before the data becomes available online. Luckily we have the older test which should be ok but have this as a backup incase the caseworker is not satisfied with the past test.