ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 to Tier 2 Switch

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amz

Tier 1 to Tier 2 Switch

Post by Amz » Sun May 14, 2017 2:27 pm

Hi All

I would like to know, is it allowed to Apply for Tier 2 Sponsorship visa if Tier 1 Entrepreneurship 50K visa extension is refused.

I know you can switch between Tier 1 Entrepreneurship 50K visa & Tier 2 Sponsorship visa but i want to know if you can still switch if Tier 1 Entrepreneurship 50K visa is refused and you are given 14 days for Admin Review or to prepare for fresh application.

Also in the above scenario if this is allowed, would it be considered part of 5 year route of ILR or not ?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 to Tier 2 Switch

Post by CR001 » Sun May 14, 2017 5:48 pm

What about the RLMT process which takes 28 days minimum??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amz

Post by Amz » Mon May 15, 2017 9:03 am

CR001 wrote:What about the RLMT process which takes 28 days minimum??

One of the companies I have a contract with, they have a position open and they have already advertised the job for 28 days, and have lined up the interviews including mine, although my Tier 1 Ext decision is still pending, I was wondering in case my Tier 1 is rejected, Can i switch to Tier 2 Sponsored visa as the Company is willing to sponsor me if they cannot find any suitable candidate after the interviews are conducted.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:43 pm

If they have a sponsor licence and the RLMT has been done properly, ie two websites one of which must be Universal Job Match etc and one other bu not Linkedin etc.

They will of course have to prove that there is no EU/BC or ILR person for the position.

If Tier 1 rejected, you will have 14 days to either do AR or submit another application. Expect a Tier 2 G to be heavily scrutinised if your Tier 1 is refused, especially if the company is one of your current clients.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amz

Post by Amz » Mon May 15, 2017 4:01 pm

Thanks CR001 for your prompt response, The reason i was asking was because on Gov.uk website, the eligibility criteria for a switch to Tier 2 general says that for a candidate to apply for switch the current visa needs to be valid and not expired, but in case of rejection, Tier 1 visa would have expired within the duration of 14 days for AR.

As for RLMT and Non-EU sponsor and extra scrutinity, that all comes down to taking a chance.

I just wanted to know my options in worst case scenario.