ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mom - visitor

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Brunel
Newly Registered

Mom - visitor

Post by Brunel » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:33 pm

I am Brazilian, married to an Italian citizen, living in the UK with a Residence Card (EEA2 application) since May/2007, both of us with regular jobs.

My mom (Brazilian) is retired, 55 years old. Me and my wife are going to visit her in April and we would like to bring her here to visit us for just 8 days.

Brazilians don't need a visitor visa, but I was wondering if there is a considerable risk of she being barred by immigration officers and what documents should I produce to avoid that risk (proof of my income, proof of her being a homeowner in Brazil, etc).

Thanks in Advance

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:08 am

She just has to convince the Immigration Officer that she meets with the Requirements for a visitor under the Rules.

See also Guidance - Visitors (INF 2) and Guidance - Sponsors (INF 3) and US visa guidance on strong ties.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Brunel
Newly Registered

Post by Brunel » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:50 pm

Thanks, it was very helpful!!