ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Parents visitor visa

Post by Ali272 » Sun May 14, 2017 10:03 pm

Hi.

I'm in the UK and my parents are applying for UK 2 year visitor visa. They have been to the UK many many times. But I forgot about one requirement. Do I need to supply my bank statements or their bank statement is enough? I can't remember if I supplied it last time as it was 2 years ago. If so, for how long? I appreciate if you can let me know ASAP as they have their appointment is on next Monday.

Also one more question for the next time they apply. How hard is it to get the 10 year visit visa? If some one applies for it and the officer doesn't want to give a visa for 10 year, do they just reject the application or they just give a shorter duration visa?

Thank you.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Parents visitor visa

Post by poper » Mon May 15, 2017 8:54 pm

Your financial documentation is necessary if the applicant is visiting you and staying at your place since you are the sponsor
I had provided 6 months bank statements in my case.
The applicant will also need to furnish their financial documents and prove strong ties to home country
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.