ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sent document to wrong Sheffield Address

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dawn1
Newly Registered

Sent document to wrong Sheffield Address

Post by dawn1 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:10 pm

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of applying for my settlement visa (priority). It's day 4 out of my 2 week period to submit supporting documents. I sent it to PO Box 3468, Sheffield, S3 8WA.

However I have since realized that I was supposed to send it to PO Box 5852, Sheffield, S11 0FX. I tried to contact my courier but it is now out of their hands, the PO Box doesn't accept calls.

While I'm still within the time frame...Does anyone have any advice? Contact numbers...a similar experience, how was it rectified, was it transferred to the correct department eventually? so stressful...I'm desperate..help!

Tomu
Newly Registered

Re: Sent document to wrong Sheffield Address

Post by Tomu » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:19 pm

How did this turn out for you Dawn? I'm in the same situation.

dawn1
Newly Registered

Post by dawn1 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:33 pm

Unfortunately,it was delivered to the wrong address as DHL couldn't intercept in time. I sent a letter explaining the issue to both P.O boxes the day after and received an email that they were in receipt of my documents. I am on day 38 and still waiting, I know there have been delays so I don't know if the mix up has affected it or this is standard waiting time.

Tomu
Newly Registered

Post by Tomu » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:14 pm

That's not too comforting haha I'm sure the documents will eventually get forwarded to the correct place though, and in your case already arrived (hopefully). That PO box is still used for visas, just a different kind (Vulcan house, employment sponsorship I think?), so it makes sense they'd arrive at the correct place eventually... Trying to find someone to speak to about it has been impossible, could only get through to automated messages saying to check the gov website! And yes, pretty sure this mistake will add a slight delay. Heard things are quite backed up as it is, so all we can do is wait. Keep me updated please Dawn!

Tomu
Newly Registered

Post by Tomu » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:29 am

Hi Dawn, just a quick update. I actually got a reply back today from the Correspondence Unit, saying they have checked the records and confirmed they have received the documents. So I wouldn't worry!

dawn1
Newly Registered

Post by dawn1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:50 pm

Update on my end, got a decision email today! 67 BD after bio metrics...hopefully good news soon. Have you heard anything yet?

Tomu
Newly Registered

Post by Tomu » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:41 pm

Great to hear Dawn, hope it's good news for you! And we're still waiting, on day 32 now. Where did you apply from?

dawn1
Newly Registered

Post by dawn1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:57 pm

I've applied from the Caribbean. How about you? I got the MP involved at day 30 so that can also help to get things moving.

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:55 pm

How did you get the MP involved i.e. What was their input? Was it just your local MP?

dawn1
Newly Registered

Post by dawn1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:14 pm

Yes local MP. I sent an email and he replied right away saying that he would take up my case with them. He then said however that it would take 20BD to get a reply and my husband called the office for regular updates. Although he didn't do much for me, people have been able to get more help out of their MPs so would always advise to give it try.

shortiixlee
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by shortiixlee » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:48 pm

i have the same problem, can someone help what will happen to my supporting docs?

Tomu
Newly Registered

Post by Tomu » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:55 pm

shortiixlee wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:48 pm
i have the same problem, can someone help what will happen to my supporting docs?
They'll be forwarded to the correct place, don't worry about it. There just may be an added delay with your application.

shortiixlee
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by shortiixlee » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:39 pm

how sure are you?

Tomu
Newly Registered

Post by Tomu » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:46 am

shortiixlee wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:39 pm
how sure are you?
Can only go by my own experience. Which address did you send it to? As long as the envelope is clearly marked with your GWF number and VAC centre, they'll know who to forward it to. You can always contact the UKVI explaining the situation if the documents need to be received on a certain date in case there is a delay.