ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization and Remote Work

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

treefriend

Naturalization and Remote Work

Post by treefriend » Tue May 16, 2017 12:32 am

Hey Folks,
Apologize in advance if this question has already been asked before.

I will be eligible to apply for a Naturalisation in Feb/2018. However I am planning to start a new job in another country in Mar/2018 for a year.

Can I submit a Naturalisation application and then leave a country temporarily for a year? I will have a family who can inform me about the status of my application and I can return for a ceremony any time.

Thanks

Tatalo
Ireland

Re: Naturalization and Remote Work

Post by Tatalo » Tue May 16, 2017 9:15 am

from INIS website:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP16000022

"Note: If you are outside the State for longer than 6 weeks after you submit your application, you must notify INIS by letter or email to explain why."

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Naturalization and Remote Work

Post by max307 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:04 am

“Residence Following Naturalisation” it’s one of the sections on Form 8 and you are supposed to be a resident in the island of Ireland before and while the application is processed. How are you planning to prove that to the Citizenship Division?

Also you will need a provide a letter from your current employer at the time the application is lodged, we have seen instances where they call the employer few months in. I wouldn’t recommend to be living abroad while they are processing your application.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.