ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Category B Part 2

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dsenga
Newly Registered

Spousal Visa Category B Part 2

Post by Dsenga » Mon May 15, 2017 10:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I've looked nearly everywhere on the forum but I can't find a scenario that fits my situation.

We meet all the requirements however we have query regarding the financial requirements Category B.

My partner and I are applying for the spousal visa under Cat B. I am a Canadian citizen and she is British.

here is our situation:
- I am applying for my visa before July 2017, as my current visa (Tier 5 Youth Mobility) expires on July 1st
- I've been with my current employer since March 2017 (£16700 per annum)
- and I have worked elsewhere since February 2016
- I will use payslips from May 2016 - May 2017
- My income in the last 12 months is £15700
- My partner worked from March 2016-August 2016 (£9000 per annum) but she is currently a
student and has been a student since September 2016
- My partner has cash saving of £28000

Part 1 part of the financial requirements under Category B is met as we can combine my income with the cash savings.

However under category B, because we cannot combine cash savings in PART 2, can I combine my income for the last 12 months with my partner's income, from the same period even if she is no longer working and has been out of work/studying for more than 6 months?

I hope someone has come across a similar situation before

Many thanks

David

MobeenSaeed

Re: Spousal Visa Category B Part 2

Post by MobeenSaeed » Tue May 16, 2017 11:55 am

Dsenga wrote:can I combine my income for the last 12 months with my partner's income, from the same period even if she is no longer working and has been out of work/studying for more than 6 months?
The closest example to this is on page 27, example (d), from the offical HO rules and guidance, below!

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf