ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Checks

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

biqv
Mood:
India

Citizenship Checks

Post by biqv » Sat May 13, 2017 10:00 am

Hi All,

I have completed more than a year after my ILR so niw i want to apply for British Citizenship. I have few queries on what are all will be checked bh Home Office.
Because i am working as limited director and do contracting. J have not paid corporation tax fully there are some amount pending i will be doing in next 3 months. Will HO check these things if i apply British Citizenship now?

If i apply now and refused, can i apply again immediately or should wait period of time?

I am going to submit below documents:
Application Form
Life in UK
UKNARIC Certificate
Passport & BRP photo copy as i am applying through NCS
Please advise if i need to submit any documents?

Thanks

argus7
Wales

Re: Citizenship Checks

Post by argus7 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:45 pm

You will need to pay your taxes unless you have a payment plan with HMRC in place.

As you will be giving your consent to the HO to contact HMRC, it is in their remit to check whatever they want about you as a director/ company affairs , your NI and taxes.

So its better you pay, and have no taxes/ Class 2 NI dues.

humanityrultz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship Checks

Post by humanityrultz » Tue May 16, 2017 2:18 pm

biqv wrote:Hi All,

I have completed more than a year after my ILR so niw i want to apply for British Citizenship. I have few queries on what are all will be checked bh Home Office.
Because i am working as limited director and do contracting. J have not paid corporation tax fully there are some amount pending i will be doing in next 3 months. Will HO check these things if i apply British Citizenship now?

If i apply now and refused, can i apply again immediately or should wait period of time?

I am going to submit below documents:
Application Form
Life in UK
UKNARIC Certificate
Passport & BRP photo copy as i am applying through NCS
Please advise if i need to submit any documents?

Thanks

Yes you need to pay your taxes (since you are going to fill your employment status as Director, LTD company name and address) and I guess you are getting paid monthly salary and dividend.
If there is any outstanding taxes, as per my knowledge your application will be rejected. Make sure you paid all taxes before you apply for citizenship.

you need to submit your P60's or SA302 forms for past 5 years and past 10 years employment history details(at least you need to fill in application form).