ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple Directorship Blunder, Citizenship application help!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

confused2017
Newly Registered

Multiple Directorship Blunder, Citizenship application help!

Post by confused2017 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:34 pm

Dear All,

I have submitted my Naturalisation application on 3rd May 2017 and have also received an acknowledgement for it today via email. I think I have made a very stupid blunder in the application form under the employment section, I am really worried and unsure as to what I should do now, I really appreciate your help and any feedback! I currently have an ILR and meet all the requirements for naturalisation. I have explained my situation is as below :(

1) I am currently a director of a UK Ltd. company since 2011 and it is my main source of income since then. I have filed Corporation Tax and Self assessments for each year since then. I have also provided my latest SA 302 tax calculations along with the citizenship application form.

2) I am also director of another UK Ltd company which was incorporated in 2016 and has 'not started trading' so there is no tax or anything to file as yet or no income received and so no documents. I have not mentioned it in the naturalisation application form under employment since I thought I am just an 'office holder' as it is not an 'employment' with any 'income' or I never had any 'service contract' according to this definition: https://www.gov.uk/employment-status/office-holder

3) I was a director of another company from 2011 which 'never traded' and was dissolved in 2013 so have not mentioned it in the naturalisation application for the same reason as above, according to this: https://www.gov.uk/employment-status/office-holder

4) I was also a director of a fourth company from 2012 which also dissolved in 2017, and as above, I was an 'office holder' and 'not employed' by the same definition: https://www.gov.uk/employment-status/office-holder - However, I only took just a few payments from it for doing its statutory functions as an 'office holder' as it only traded for a few transactions. I also included these payments and mentioned the company when I was filing my 'self assessment' with the HMRC (I provided the same SA 302 tax calculations with the naturalisation application application form). I have also filed its Corporation Tax etc. I have not mentioned this company in the naturalisation application form!

I have been stupid enough not to include any of the other 3 companies in my naturalisation application form under employment section except my main company (1) which is my main employment since 2011. Although the few payments from the fourth company (4) are also included in the self assessment with the HMRC and the same SA 302 tax calculations I provided with the naturalisation application form!

Please help as what should I do now? Should I withdraw my application? or send this information to the Home office? If not, then will they regard it as deception? Shall I ignore all this and just wait and see what happens? If it gets rejected then can I appeal or apply again?

The blunder I have done is that I have not included ALL the companies under employments except the main one. The self assessment does already include figures from the fourth company, although I did not owe any tax or NI to the HMRC as mentioned in the SA 302 calculations that I supplied, I have already declared payments from the fourth company to HMRC and they know everything so the tax stuff is all fine...

Any feedback or help is really appreciated!

Thank you very much!

confused2017
Newly Registered

Re: Multiple Directorship Blunder, Citizenship application h

Post by confused2017 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:06 pm

Could the moderators please delete this post of mine as I cannot find a way to delete it?

Since I have already applied, I have taken my decision to leave the application as it is, and I do not need any feedback from board members!

I would like this post to be deleted please!

Thank you!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue May 16, 2017 3:16 pm

confused2017 wrote:Could the moderators please delete this post of mine as I cannot find a way to delete it?

Since I have already applied, I have taken my decision to leave the application as it is, and I do not need any feedback from board members!

Thank you!
Under the Board Ts&Cs (which you were required to read on registering), posts are never deleted from the forum.

I have however locked the thread, so you won't be 'bothered' by members offering advice. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue May 16, 2017 3:42 pm

Casa wrote:
confused2017 wrote:Could the moderators please delete this post of mine as I cannot find a way to delete it?

Thank you!
Under the Board Ts&Cs (which you were required to read on registering), posts are never deleted from the forum.

I have however locked the thread, so you won't be 'bothered' by members offering advice. :|
Unlocked at your request.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.