ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - nearly 12 weeks - what's the next step?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa - nearly 12 weeks - what's the next step?

Post by singhmohit » Thu May 11, 2017 12:33 pm

We applied (Spouse Settlement Visa) for my wife in VAC Delhi under non-priority (biggest mistake in hindsight - should have paid 500 quid extra and saved myself all pain) on 21st Feb 2017 and we are still waiting a decision.

I returned to London on 27th Feb and its been nearly 2.5 months we "newly married" are living in different countries - not happy as you can imagine. Anyhow, to cut a long story short - it's coming close to been 12 weeks and over 60 working days.

What should be our next port of call:
1. Call UKVI and ask them to escalate? - I've called them a 4/5 times and I've not seen any department so misinformed - they know nothing less than nothing!
2. Seek support from local MP - none available because of dissolved parliament.
3. What do sr members and veterans suggest should be my next action?

Any support or direction will be helpful

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa - nearly 12 weeks - what's the next step?

Post by vsab101 » Thu May 11, 2017 12:43 pm

I am in the same boat as you are in (slightly worse), We applied on 6th of Jan, and still waiting i.e over 4 months. I have tried calling UKVI a several time, no avail.

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Thu May 11, 2017 12:45 pm

vsab101 wrote:I am in the same boat as you are in (slightly worse), We applied on 6th of Jan, and still waiting i.e over 4 months. I have tried calling UKVI a several time, no avail.
I take it 06 Jan was your date of biometrics?
Which VAC did you apply at, Delhi? and Was it a non-priority application?
Mohit

AES90
- thin ice -

Post by AES90 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi,

So I've had a couple of experiences with UKVI call centre and yes you're right -the staff has very little knowledge however - they aren't actually UKVI staff, they are employed by HGS and they have several corporate campaigns that they work as a telephone call centre and email management for so it's basically up to luck who you get through to.

I called up quite recently and by luck I was put through a person who actually helped. He escalated my case and was being sympathetic too. I think it just depends on who YOJ get through to tbh so might be worth just calling analogy. (Although I know the call charges are a bit of a rip off).

You can also make a complaint to the home office through their complaints service and if it not resolved then in the last instance YOJ can complain to the Ombudsman http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Thu May 11, 2017 2:36 pm

singhmohit wrote:
vsab101 wrote:I am in the same boat as you are in (slightly worse), We applied on 6th of Jan, and still waiting i.e over 4 months. I have tried calling UKVI a several time, no avail.
Mohit
Yes, My wife applied it from Ahmedabad, non priority.

Onkarsingh1991
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Onkarsingh1991 » Thu May 11, 2017 4:26 pm

To all

i applied from VFS gurgaon on 23rd feb and paid for priority

its over 10 weeks now and according to UKVI call centre its yet to be assessed. they said to me
"it dont matter if you have paid for priority, the process can still take up to 12 weeks and a maximum of 24 weeks"

the rule change of sending all supporting docs to Sheffield in my opinion has delayed every one has all settlement applications from around the world will most likely be assessed by one office where has before each country has staff working in embassies

i have rang the helpline around 5 times now and almost spent £70 on call charges and the staff in that office are hopeless.

i feel cheated, as i paid for proiorty to get a decision faster and in the end they turn round and say it can still take upto 24 weeks

Pklaire
Newly Registered

Post by Pklaire » Thu May 11, 2017 4:46 pm

Looks like we are all in the same boat.

Biometrics was done on 16th Feb and they had all supporting documents on 23rd Feb.

Its as though there is a widespread delay on all applications and part of this I assume is down to the change in process of sending documents to Sheffield??

So frustrating but I hope we all get responses back soon.

tarunmsn1980
Newly Registered

Post by tarunmsn1980 » Thu May 11, 2017 6:15 pm

Hello Guys,

Again ... All are in same boat.Mine is further worse.I am British Citizen and originally from India.
My wife had applied Settlement Visa on 14th Dec 2016 at Chennai VFS and still waiting.

Here is Communication Summary:-
14-Dec-2016 : Applied at vfs office (Chennai) , India.
02-Jan-2017 : Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.(Recieved automatic mail)
14-Feb-2017 : I have tracked the status (GWXXXXXXXX and date of birth XX/XX/XXXX) and found it is yet to be assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer (ECO). (Here i have requested manually for application status)
03-Mar-2017: Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.(Received Auotmated mail)
30-Mar-2017:I have tracked the status of your application and found that it is waiting to be assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer. We will contact you once a decision has been made.(Here i have requested manually for application status)

By this month end (30th of May) my application will complete 24 months, but now I don't have any hopes they will give a result or status of my application. I heard from one of my friend's friend that he had applied in Oct 2016 and still no result. I am more tensed now. Lot of pressure from my In-Laws and my wife. They cannot understand all these hiccups.

I know you all are in same situation but Please advise or pass me any worthful information or if you come across any best approach. My mail id is : email address removed by moderator - final warning to the user, next post with contact info and you will be banned.

Best Regards
Tarun

bittu11
Mood:
India

Post by bittu11 » Mon May 15, 2017 6:42 pm

vsab101 wrote:
singhmohit wrote:
Mohit
Hi @ vsab101

Have u received any response from UKVI giving any further updates. I have applied from Ahmedabad on 05/01/17 still waiting for response!! :roll: :x

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:58 pm

tarunmsn1980 wrote:Hello Guys,

Again ... All are in same boat.Mine is further worse.I am British Citizen and originally from India.
My wife had applied Settlement Visa on 14th Dec 2016 at Chennai VFS and still waiting.

Here is Communication Summary:-
14-Dec-2016 : Applied at vfs office (Chennai) , India.
02-Jan-2017 : Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.(Recieved automatic mail)
14-Feb-2017 : I have tracked the status (GWXXXXXXXX and date of birth XX/XX/XXXX) and found it is yet to be assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer (ECO). (Here i have requested manually for application status)
03-Mar-2017: Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.(Received Auotmated mail)
30-Mar-2017:I have tracked the status of your application and found that it is waiting to be assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer. We will contact you once a decision has been made.(Here i have requested manually for application status)

By this month end (30th of May) my application will complete 24 months, but now I don't have any hopes they will give a result or status of my application. I heard from one of my friend's friend that he had applied in Oct 2016 and still no result. I am more tensed now. Lot of pressure from my In-Laws and my wife. They cannot understand all these hiccups.

I know you all are in same situation but Please advise or pass me any worthful information or if you come across any best approach. My mail id is : email address removed by moderator - final warning to the user, next post with contact info and you will be banned.

Best Regards
Tarun
Suggest you take the time to read the forum terms and conditions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AES90
- thin ice -

Post by AES90 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:06 pm

It's been 6 weeks and I applied with priority. My case was escalated and they basically said so what if it's priority...it's yet to be assessed!

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Mon May 15, 2017 10:28 pm

AES90 wrote:It's been 6 weeks and I applied with priority. My case was escalated and they basically said so what if it's priority...it's yet to be assessed!
Everything UKBA do, all their actions, or not taking any actions for months in our cases has a significant impact on the lives of people like us. It is such a shame that UKBA are morally and ethically not answerable to anyone or anything. The situation is appalling, disgusting and disgraceful.

UKBA/UKVI - sad and shameful!

PS: I'm sorry forum moderators: I just had to rant.

Kanwaljit Singh
Newly Registered

Post by Kanwaljit Singh » Tue May 16, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi,

I am in the same boat.

My spouse applied for Visa on 15 Feb 17 from New Delhi (non priority service).

Its more than 12 weeks and there is no reply from their side.

I should have paid for priority service.

Thanks

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Kanwaljit Singh wrote:Its more than 12 weeks and there is no reply from their sides
I'm sure you must have contact UKVI on phone or via email - have they said anything like following two:
1. "case on hold due to supreme court hearing"
2. "case not straightforward"

Or have you got the standard emails like "yet to be assessed by ECO" or "being prepared for assessment" ?

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 16, 2017 1:57 pm

Kanwaljit Singh wrote: My spouse applied for Visa on 15 Feb 17 from New Delhi (non priority service).
More so - your application has been over 12 weeks - have they escalated it through UKVI?
Mohit

Kanwaljit Singh
Newly Registered

Post by Kanwaljit Singh » Tue May 16, 2017 2:41 pm

Hi Mohit,

My spouse in India and did chase them and we got a standard reply that VFS dont have any update as of now.

Can you please advise how can I escalate my spouse visa application.

Thanks

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:22 pm

bittu11 wrote:
vsab101 wrote:
singhmohit wrote:
Mohit
Hi @ vsab101

Have u received any response from UKVI giving any further updates. I have applied from Ahmedabad on 05/01/17 still waiting for response!! :roll: :x
No response yet :cry:

tarunmsn1980
Newly Registered

Post by tarunmsn1980 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:39 pm

12 weeks is not great deal as of current processing times.
I have applied on 14-Dec-2016. More than 20 weeks over now. I felt my application was straight forward and expected result in Feb or March 2017. But till today no result. :cry:

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 16, 2017 6:38 pm

tarunmsn1980 wrote:12 weeks is not great deal as of current processing times.
I have applied on 14-Dec-2016. More than 20 weeks over now. I felt my application was straight forward and expected result in Feb or March 2017. But till today no result. :cry:
I've slowly lost faith in the words "straightforward" - everything for them is "not straightforward" when it's just about looking at bunch of income documents and stamping a bloody piece of paper on a passport... how hard can it be one wonders!!!!

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:35 pm

When did you receive the "case not straight forward email"? what is the present / latest status check response?

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Wed May 17, 2017 11:04 am

taffet87 wrote:
When did you receive the "case not straight forward email"? what is the present / latest status check response?
tarunmsn1980 got the email on 03rd March that his case isn't straight-forward... which I bet isn't the case (sorry for double negatives but you can see my point!)
Mohit

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Wed May 17, 2017 11:48 am

Kanwaljit Singh wrote: Can you please advise how can I escalate my spouse visa application.
No point mate - they dont do anything even after any escalation - best is to sit and wait!

tarunmsn1980
Newly Registered

Post by tarunmsn1980 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:05 pm

taffet87 wrote:
Hi Taffet87,
I have received mail on 3rd March stating my application is not straightforward. Here is the summary:-
03-Mar-2017: Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets.

Never seen such a horrible and hopeless organisation. They are just playing with families and looting money in the name of visas.

Best regards
Tarun

Pklaire
Newly Registered

Post by Pklaire » Wed May 17, 2017 10:17 pm

I agree the home office have no consideration. However im feeling hopeful as my wifes friend in india who did their application a day before mine (mid feb) has now been told today that their passport is ready for collection on Friday. But they were only told this after their lawyer wrote a letter explaining that the process has been over 12 weeks and requested an update.

I will be requesting to my lawyer to do the same and see what happens.

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Thu May 18, 2017 2:31 pm

Pklaire wrote:I agree the home office have no consideration. However im feeling hopeful as my wifes friend in india who did their application a day before mine (mid feb) has now been told today that their passport is ready for collection on Friday. But they were only told this after their lawyer wrote a letter explaining that the process has been over 12 weeks and requested an update.

I will be requesting to my lawyer to do the same and see what happens.
@Pklaire - Would be good to understand the format or email/letter that you/solicitor will be sending to UKVI - Could you please share some details?