ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change in circumstance - please advise

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mjcr28
Mood:
India

change in circumstance - please advise

Post by mjcr28 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:11 pm

Dear All,

I am due to apply for my British Application under 5 years under T2 + 1 Year ILR = British Citizenship :)

So i have a few queries, i know i would get the best of advise from this forum as always will help me with my application.

1) My current passport has my name my maiden surname and my husbands surname ie: Angelina Jolie Pitt :P - this is how it appears on my driving licence, brp, current passport, bank statement.
I have now been divorced so i would like to keep only my maiden surname ie: Angelina Jolie.
Would i require a deed poll or a divorce certificate for my country is eligible for my application. As there is a question in regards to current marital status and Spouse details. So can I write in my application form as Angilna Jolie or do I have to fill it as per my passport which is Angelina Jolie Pitt

I am applying my application through my local council under JCAP

2) If for instance i am applying on the 17th May 2017, however i am moving out of the property on 1st June 2017. I don't want to loose on any letters as my landlord is not happy for me to use the address once i move out.
Should i just use my current address and then request Royal mail to redirect my letters or should I just use the new address.
Also will this affect due to me moving home after 4 years from this property.

3) Lastly would i still need biometrics. :roll:

As i am confused with so many different blogs and comments of JCAP so not familiar with this process.

Sorry to be so specific in my questions.

Thank you in advance to All gurus, and members. :mrgreen:

anoshka1976
Newly Registered

Re: change in circumstance - please advise

Post by anoshka1976 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:22 pm

1 fill it as per your passport

i would wait and apply after moving to new address, or if you don't want wait write in page 22 of application that you moving out and from..... you will live at ( new address)

mjcr28
Mood:
India

Post by mjcr28 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:05 pm

anoshka1976 wrote:1 fill it as per your passport

i would wait and apply after moving to new address, or if you don't want wait write in page 22 of application that you moving out and from..... you will live at ( new address)

Thanks Anoshka. However I would not like his details on my new passport :roll: :|

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:24 pm

1) My current passport has my name my maiden surname and my husbands surname ie: Angelina Jolie Pitt :P - this is how it appears on my driving licence, brp, current passport, bank statement.
I have now been divorced so i would like to keep only my maiden surname ie: Angelina Jolie.
Would i require a deed poll or a divorce certificate for my country is eligible for my application. As there is a question in regards to current marital status and Spouse details. So can I write in my application form as Angilna Jolie or do I have to fill it as per my passport which is Angelina Jolie Pitt
You only have two options. 1. Change your name in your foreign passport first, then apply for citizenship. 2. Apply in your current name for citizenship and passport and then once you have the passport, do a deed poll and change your name. HO will NOT issue citizenship in a different name to your foreign passport.
2) If for instance i am applying on the 17th May 2017, however i am moving out of the property on 1st June 2017. I don't want to loose on any letters as my landlord is not happy for me to use the address once i move out.
Should i just use my current address and then request Royal mail to redirect my letters or should I just use the new address.
Also will this affect due to me moving home after 4 years from this property.
Your choice but remember, Royal Mail redirection can be delayed too.
3) Lastly would i still need biometrics. :roll:
Yes, you are required to enroll biometrics with every application you submit to HO.
As i am confused with so many different blogs and comments of JCAP so not familiar with this process.
What exactly is confusing you??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mjcr28
Mood:
India

Post by mjcr28 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:47 pm

Thanks CR001

I am confused with the JCAP process.

so i go to council and give my AN application form, British Passport application, pics, indian passports including previous cancelled 1, engl language and lituk test.

so how will i get the bio-metrics letter and invitation for the naturalisation ceremony. Will the council write to me or do i get letters direct fro HO. Also as i am applying as JCAP process would i need to go or will they call me to the HO.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:53 pm

mjcr28 wrote:Thanks CR001

I am confused with the JCAP process.

so i go to council and give my AN application form, British Passport application, pics, indian passports including previous cancelled 1, engl language and lituk test. Correct. The paper passport form NOT the online one.

so how will i get the bio-metrics letter and invitation for the naturalisation ceremony. Will the council write to me or do i get letters direct fro HO. Also as i am applying as JCAP process would i need to go or will they call me to the HO. You apply at NCS, who is an agent for HO, that is all you do.
That is where the council involvement stops until your ceremony. HO will write to you to do your biometrics. You go to the Post Office with the letter, pay the fee and enroll your biometrics. They will get sent to HO automatically. Once your application is approved, HO will write to you to tell you and you will get a letter of invitation to the ceremony. You call and book the ceremony and then attend on the date to get your certificate. Your ceremony is at the Council.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mjcr28
Mood:
India

Post by mjcr28 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:46 pm

Thank you CR001.