ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 years of HSMP wont lead to ILR- again Rules Changing

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:22 pm

Jacqui Smith was quoted as saying the changes will only apply to people arriving in Britain after the new laws are passed and not to foreigners already living in Britain. http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/02/ ... A-Brit.php
Yeah, but this is nowhere mentioned in the Green Paper. And what's in the green paper (later white paper > bill > law) will be what the HO will base their decisions on, not what the minister said at a news conference.

Based on how the Home Office has acted on immigration matters so far, it's fair to expect these changes would be retrospective - UNLESS clearly stated in their official documents.
Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:02 pm

olisun wrote: U have to be careful about advertising for funds for other forums... U already got warned once...
Apologies, I didn't not see the admin's comments on the other thread.
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:03 pm

You have a voice. Say something:

Survey

wukong

We are all in danger.

Post by wukong » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:20 pm

Imagine, I have spent 4 year in the Uk with worry and uncertain future. Maybe someone say, go home. Simple to say but impossible to do. How many 4 years a man can have? I have not been back for 4 years, I can not even recognize the street in my hometown!

But no one know what will happen to us and when. So we must stand up and say something. Let's see what's the result of the JR on 5th March.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:11 pm

Rog wrote:Someone had questioned why people are going for a JR, it is being done to oppose injustice like this.
It was me btw who questioned why people are going for a JR if they do not plan to settle in this country permanently...

It doesn't make sense to me... I don't know if it does for you...

yhdyhd

Post by yhdyhd » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:51 pm

olisun wrote:
Rog wrote:Someone had questioned why people are going for a JR, it is being done to oppose injustice like this.
It was me btw who questioned why people are going for a JR if they do not plan to settle in this country permanently...

Who told you that they do not plan to settle in this country permanently? :?

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:33 pm

yhdyhd wrote:
olisun wrote:

Take some time to go through this thread / forum

yhdyhd

Post by yhdyhd » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:53 pm

olisun wrote:
yhdyhd wrote:
olisun wrote:

don't have time to read through the whole thread. But not planning to live here permenently donesn't mean not wanting to get the PR to have their rights assured.

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:39 pm

olisun wrote:
yhdyhd wrote:
olisun wrote:

The people who are going in for the JR have contributed hard earned money and also the man hours and efforts of some commited individuals, for who cannot meet the 75 point threshold and are just asking for HO to keep their promise they made in 2003-04. Most of these people are not in a position to go back to the positions they left in their home country. Nowhere in the entire thread is it suggested that people involved in the JR do not want to settle in UK.

Olisun, you seem to a spokesman for HO and your each thread shows a staunch support for HO's retrospective changes. Maybe if the HO representatives are going through this site, they may award you a British Passport for such a strong support to them. :)

wukong

Post by wukong » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:11 pm

Rog wrote:
olisun wrote:
yhdyhd wrote:
olisun wrote:

The people who are going in for the JR have contributed hard earned money and also the man hours and efforts of some commited individuals, for who cannot meet the 75 point threshold and are just asking for HO to keep their promise they made in 2003-04. Most of these people are not in a position to go back to the positions they left in their home country. Nowhere in the entire thread is it suggested that people involved in the JR do not want to settle in UK.

Olisun, you seem to a spokesman for HO and your each thread shows a staunch support for HO's retrospective changes. Maybe if the HO representatives are going through this site, they may award you a British Passport for such a strong support to them.
AGREE!
Olisun, people involved in the JR are the people want to settle here; the people want to get the thing be promised and the people want fair! Ho can change the rule but not in the game!

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:37 pm

Rog wrote:Olisun, you seem to a spokesman for HO and your each thread shows a staunch support for HO's retrospective changes. Maybe if the HO representatives are going through this site, they may award you a British Passport for such a strong support to them. :)
Wish I was a spokesman for the HO, I would have earned more than what I am earning now.... May be you can recommend me to the HO...

Just because I don't agree 100% with your posts means I have a staunch support for the HO... Why do I have to agree to everything you guys say... You have the full freedom to post on this forum and so do I...I am not telling you not to post .... Btw why do I have to justify myself...

Regarding British passport, I already have one and I didn't get it by calling HO dearly beloved or other name calling and making my life more difficult...

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:49 pm

Rog wrote:Nowhere in the entire thread is it suggested that people involved in the JR do not want to settle in UK.
I would have left you to do your own homework but to make your search easier, look at the last post (by rg1) on page 1 of this thread

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:59 pm

olisun wrote:
Rog wrote:Nowhere in the entire thread is it suggested that people involved in the JR do not want to settle in UK.
I would have left you to do your own homework but to make your search easier, look at the last post (by rg1) on page 1 of this thread
Sorry if I have missed something, nowhere in the post does RG1 say that he is involved in the JR.

Maybe since you are already a British Citizen and are lucky to became one before Mr Byrne became the Immigration Minister and before goalposts changed midway, you do not fully understand the desperate situation of people caught in the limbo, being 35-40 years in age and no career back home to go to and with school going children whose only crime was to trust a written and signed letter from HO.

Anyway as you rightly say you are free to have your own opinion and do not have to agree with us but please do not belittle the efforts behind the JR.