ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

D3lboy
Newly Registered

Re: Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

Post by D3lboy » Tue May 16, 2017 8:32 pm

Hey guys quick question

I have used my driving license as I'd for life in U.K. Test and IELTS life skills, but..
I'm a bus driver and I need my license everyday at work, so I can't post it to home office.
Is there any solution to it, would my passport suffice?

(Btw I am user Gaston from eea-route-applications/pr-citizenship-w ... 04-40.html
but for some reason I can't get into account)
Also if I should post somewhere else please let me know and my apologies.
Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:59 pm

D3lboy wrote:Hey guys quick question

I have used my driving license as I'd for life in U.K. Test and IELTS life skills, but..
I'm a bus driver and I need my license everyday at work, so I can't post it to home office.
Is there any solution to it, would my passport suffice?

(Btw I am user Gaston from eea-route-applications/pr-citizenship-w ... 04-40.html
but for some reason I can't get into account)
Also if I should post somewhere else please let me know and my apologies.
Many thanks
If you are applying for citizenship, then apply using NCS at the council and you will get to keep your original documents. You will also be able to apply for citizenship and British passport at the same time if you use NCS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

D3lboy
Newly Registered

Post by D3lboy » Tue May 16, 2017 10:00 pm

Awesome thank you CR001.
Another thing..
(I know there's always one, right?)I've got my PR in February, but just noticed that home office misplaced/did not return few of my papers, namely:
-2 p60's
-some letters which could proove I've lived at an old address, including landlords letter.
I would have submitted this paperwork for citizenship, otherwise wouldn't care.
Should I add cogent letter with an explanation?

D3lboy
Newly Registered

Post by D3lboy » Wed May 17, 2017 8:51 am

Please, some help?
There are 2 P60s, 6 payslips and 2 letters (1 from landlord and a bill) both from an old address.
I've still got the letters from the above employer also HMRC, NI.
I have photocopies for all the above, in including missing ones,as Noajthan advised me.
So, what can I do ?
1) send the application with the documents I have available - and if they ask for more, I'll explain and mail the photocopies
2) write a cogent letter with the application
3) print the copies and send them with the application and cogent letter
Thank you for all your help

Ps: I know I should've take notice when PR came in February, but they came back so tidy,.. I completely overlooked the 10 pages missing out of over 100

Camy33
Newly Registered

Post by Camy33 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:34 pm

I might have asked here some silly questions but actually everything is important... finally I sorted out myself (just one hour before my ncs appointment!) The next phrase is from my ncs appointment letter :
"Any queries regarding completion of your form, or the documents that you need to bring with you, must be addressed to the Home Office. Tel 0300 123 2253."
I had some queries, I called twice and I've been answered quick.
Good luck everyone !

D3lboy
Newly Registered

Post by D3lboy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Please any replies?
I've made an appt with NCS in 2 weeks time and don't wanna miss the chance ..will I be ok without those papers?

Magdalene
Newly Registered

Post by Magdalene » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:50 pm

Hi!

I'm a EEA national applying for a British Citizenship. I have a problem with filling in the AN form. My father has an 'unknown' status by law and my mother raised me as a single parent. The Polish Law allows a mother to use 'unknown' status for a father and then she chooses a random name to appear on child's documents. So that I have the father's name and I use my mother's surname/family name. I don't have his DOB and I'm not sure if I should state his nationality as Polish in 1.26. Should I leave 1.25, 1.26 and 1.27 blank and explain my situation on the page 22?

I would really appreciate your help,
Thank you,

Magdalene

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:26 pm

Magdalene wrote:Hi!

I'm a EEA national applying for a British Citizenship. I have a problem with filling in the AN form. My father has an 'unknown' status by law and my mother raised me as a single parent. The Polish Law allows a mother to use 'unknown' status for a father and then she chooses a random name to appear on child's documents. So that I have the father's name and I use my mother's surname/family name. I don't have his DOB and I'm not sure if I should state his nationality as Polish in 1.26. Should I leave 1.25, 1.26 and 1.27 blank and explain my situation on the page 22?

I would really appreciate your help,
Thank you,

Magdalene
Just write "details not known"
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Magdalene
Newly Registered

Post by Magdalene » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:44 pm

Thank you CR001 for your reply!
Shall I write 'details not known' in section 1.25 and leave 1.26 and 1.27 blank? Or shall I try to explain the situation on page 22?

Thank you for your help!

Madgalene

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:18 pm

Magdalene wrote:Thank you CR001 for your reply!
Shall I write 'details not known' in section 1.25 and leave 1.26 and 1.27 blank? Or shall I try to explain the situation on page 22?

Thank you for your help!

Madgalene
You can complete the details you 'know' and write 'not known' for the rest or 'details not known' for all of the questions. There is no requirement to submit a birth certificate with your citizenship application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

punsin
Newly Registered

Post by punsin » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:19 pm

Hi All,

I’m an Indian national, eligible to apply for naturalisation on basis of ILR + 1 Year continuous stay in UK. I need clarification on following sections of AN form, could you please help?

1.5 State your name as it appears on your passport:
PS: My name is Pxxxxx Sxxxxxx. If I understand correctly, I enter “Sxxxxxx” under “Surname/Family name” and “xxxxxxl” under “Other names”. Please advise.

1.49 Address of tax office or tax office reference
PS: What to enter here? Is it my company’s tax reference no. that can be usually found on my P60? Or is it something else?

2.3 Please tell us in which country you intend to have your main home if you are naturalised
PS: I intend to live at UK. Shall I enter that? Or shall I leave it blank?

6.13 Date your fingerprints were taken: D D M M Y Y Y Y
6.14 Give details where your fingerprints were taken, including the town or city and country:

PS: I am taking NCS service and I’m hoping to get my BRP card back after NCS produces a certified copy of the BRP card. What should I be entering in the section 6.13 and 6.14. Im not sure when I appeared for my last Biometric appointment, it was on the very day when I applied for IRL, but, I don’t recall that day. Is it mandatory to provide this information?

7.5 Where I have provided a photocopy of my spouse’s or civil partner’s passport, I confirm that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is a complete and full copy of that original document.
PS: Not applicable so leaving it blank. Right?

7.7 *I declare that, although I do not meet all of the statutory requirements for naturalisation, I believe that, in view of the following special circumstances, the Home Secretary should treat me as fulfilling those requirements or waive the need in my case to fulfil them

1.48 - 1.50 You must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made for your current and previous employment during the past 10 years. To support this claim evidence can be in the form of payslips, P60s covering the relevant period, or a letter(s) from the employer(s) confirming you have worked for them, from the start and finish date.

PS: What’s the best way to take care of above requirement? I can potentially get a letter from my employer of last 10 years to declare that I have worked with them from date xxyymm to present date. Will that be enough? No need to mention my actual NI contribution each year from last 10 years on this letter from employer, right? Please advise

Thanks a ton!
PS

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:37 am

punsin wrote:Hi All,

I’m an Indian national, eligible to apply for naturalisation on basis of ILR + 1 Year continuous stay in UK. I need clarification on following sections of AN form, could you please help?

PS: My name is Pxxxxx Sxxxxxx. If I understand correctly, I enter “Sxxxxxx” under “Surname/Family name” and “xxxxxxl” under “Other names”. Please advise.
Correct
PS: What to enter here? Is it my company’s tax reference no. that can be usually found on my P60? Or is it something else?
Tax office ref from P60 is sufficient

2.3 Please tell us in which country you intend to have your main home if you are naturalised
enter UK
6.14 Give details where your fingerprints were taken, including the town or city and country:

PS: I am taking NCS service and I’m hoping to get my BRP card back after NCS produces a certified copy of the BRP card. What should I be entering in the section 6.13 and 6.14. Im not sure when I appeared for my last Biometric appointment, it was on the very day when I applied for IRL, but, I don’t recall that day. Is it mandatory to provide this information?
give date ILR was approved, or nearest date you remember
7.5 Where I have provided a photocopy of my spouse’s or civil partner’s passport, I confirm that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is a complete and full copy of that original document.
Correct - unless you are applying as a spouse

7.7 *I declare that, although I do not meet all of the statutory requirements for naturalisation, I believe that, in view of the following special circumstances, the Home Secretary should treat me as fulfilling those requirements or waive the need in my case to fulfil them
Strike through every sentence

1.48 - 1.50 You must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made for your current and previous employment during the past 10 years. To support this claim evidence can be in the form of payslips, P60s covering the relevant period, or a letter(s) from the employer(s) confirming you have worked for them, from the start and finish date.

PS: What’s the best way to take care of above requirement? I can potentially get a letter from my employer of last 10 years to declare that I have worked with them from date xxyymm to present date. Will that be enough? No need to mention my actual NI contribution each year from last 10 years on this letter from employer, right? Please advise
If you can get a letter from employer would be easiest - no requirement to list actual contribution numbers
Thanks a ton!
PS
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:44 am

punsin wrote: 1.5 State your name as it appears on your passport:
Kindly refrain from posting full names etc on the forum. I have edited your post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

punsin
Newly Registered

Post by punsin » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:38 am

CR001 wrote:
punsin wrote: 1.5 State your name as it appears on your passport:
Kindly refrain from posting full names etc on the forum. I have edited your post.

Thanks! Noted.

punsin
Newly Registered

Post by punsin » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:38 am

alterhase58 wrote:
punsin wrote:Hi All,

Correct
Tax office ref from P60 is sufficient

enter UK

give date ILR was approved, or nearest date you remember
Correct - unless you are applying as a spouse

Thanks a lot for your clarifications. Im not clear on this one though. What should I do?

If you can get a letter from employer would be easiest - no requirement to list actual contribution numbers
Thanks a ton!
PS

punsin
Newly Registered

Post by punsin » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:39 am

PS: Thanks a lot for your clarifications. Im not clear on this one though. What should I do?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:43 am

punsin wrote:7.7 *I declare that, although I do not meet all of the statutory requirements for naturalisation, I believe that, in view of the following special circumstances, the Home Secretary should treat me as fulfilling those requirements or waive the need in my case to fulfil them

PS: Thanks a lot for your clarifications. Im not clear on this one though. What should I do?
Draw a line with a black pen through each line of the paragraph, effectively striking it out. It is not applicable to you. It does say below that " *Delete if not applicable " or something to that effect.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

punsin
Newly Registered

Post by punsin » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:47 am

CR001 wrote:
punsin wrote:7.7 *I declare that, although I do not meet all of the statutory requirements for naturalisation, I believe that, in view of the following special circumstances, the Home Secretary should treat me as fulfilling those requirements or waive the need in my case to fulfil them

Draw a line with a black pen through each line of the paragraph, effectively striking it out. It is not applicable to you. It does say below that " *Delete if not applicable " or something to that effect.
Thanks for clarification. :-)

punsin
Newly Registered

Post by punsin » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:11 am

I have a query regarding BRP details to be mentioned in form AN.

I got my ILR in 2014. I then went through formal name change. I then got my new name updated with UKBA via application and received a new BRP card with NTL (No time limit) in 2015. I had to go through the biometric once again as part of name change in ILR - BRP card process.

As the form AN asks you to mention details of your “current BRP”. Im thinking to enter my current BRP card’s information, 2015 one, rather than the first one from 2014; please advise and correct me should needed.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:27 am

punsin wrote:I have a query regarding BRP details to be mentioned in form AN.

I got my ILR in 2014. I then went through formal name change. I then got my new name updated with UKBA via application and received a new BRP card with NTL (No time limit) in 2015. I had to go through the biometric once again as part of name change in ILR - BRP card process.

As the form AN asks you to mention details of your “current BRP”. Im thinking to enter my current BRP card’s information, 2015 one, rather than the first one from 2014; please advise and correct me should needed.

Simply complete the details for the last time you completed the biometrics. HO have your full history available to them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

punsin
Newly Registered

Post by punsin » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:29 am

CR001 wrote:
punsin wrote:I have a query regarding BRP details to be mentioned in form AN.

Simply complete the details for the last time you completed the biometrics. HO have your full history available to them.
Cool!

punsin
Newly Registered

Post by punsin » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:17 pm

Dear All,

I need your advice on following sections.

Formally, I used my first name only up until a few years ago and didn’t use surname/family name officially. I used my name as “Pxxxxxx” which is my first name only.

A few years ago I changed my name using deed poll and added my family name as my last name. It’s “Pxxxxxx” “Sxxxxxx” since then.

In answer to question 1.6, I am using “Sxxxxxx” as Surname and
“Pxxxxxx” as “Other names used”

1.7 Name at birth if different from above:
Surname/family name:
Other names:

what should I fill in here?

1.17 Please provide your addresses for the past five years (continue on page 22 if necessary):

For my current address I have “From” date. What is the best way to enter “To” as Im continuing to live at my current address and will be staying here beyond application submission date?

1.45 What is your occupation?
Does one mention Nature of work/Domain here or the formal title at work? For e.g. my domain is technology, I’m a technologist and official title (current) is “Manager Technology”. Please advise?

1.50 Employment history in UK during past 10 years, or since date of entry if you have been here for less than 10 years (continue on page 22 and use additional sheets if needed).
From To Occupation Employer Name Employer address

Again, what to mention as Occupation. Job/Domain is similar but title of course has changed over years as you get promoted etc. Also, as I’m going to produce letter of employment confirmation from work, letter will refer to me with my current official title i.e. “Manager Technology”.
1.45 above and 1.50 are related and should be answered similarly in my opinion. Please advise.

Many Thanks!
PS

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:38 am

punsin wrote:Dear All,

Formally, I used my first name only up until a few years ago and didn’t use surname/family name officially. I used my name as “Pxxxxxx” which is my first name only.

A few years ago I changed my name using deed poll and added my family name as my last name. It’s “Pxxxxxx” “Sxxxxxx” since then.

Surname/family name:
Other names:

1.17 Please provide your addresses for the past five years (continue on page 22 if necessary):

For my current address I have “From” date. What is the best way to enter “To” as Im continuing to live at my current address and will be staying here beyond application submission date?

Does one mention Nature of work/Domain here or the formal title at work? For e.g. my domain is technology, I’m a technologist and official title (current) is “Manager Technology”. Please advise?

1.50 Employment history in UK during past 10 years, or since date of entry if you have been here for less than 10 years (continue on page 22 and use additional sheets if needed).

Again, what to mention as Occupation. Job/Domain is similar but title of course has changed over years as you get promoted etc. Also, as I’m going to produce letter of employment confirmation from work, letter will refer to me with my current official title i.e. “Manager Technology”.
1.45 above and 1.50 are related and should be answered similarly in my opinion. Please advise.

Many Thanks!
PS
Why are you asking the same questions again? You have already been given answers to all of these except 1.17, which you just write 'present' for the 'To'.

Have you read the AN guidance notes and booklet??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

punsin
Newly Registered

Post by punsin » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:58 am

CR001 wrote:

Surname/family name:
Other names:

Many Thanks!
PS
Why are you asking the same questions again? You have already been given answers to all of these except 1.17, which you just write 'present' for the 'To'.

I appreciate I've been given answers to my queries yesterday.

These are not the same queries but different ones, if you look in detail.
I ofcourse have gone through the guidance notes and booklet, but, these intricate details as well as my unique personal scenario are not covered there. And the reason Im reaching out to this forum.

Please dont discredit the post and questions, answers received on this forum are very useful to someone like me, I am trying not to submit an application that gets rejected at NCS/UKBA.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:24 pm

punsin wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Surname/family name:
Other names:

Many Thanks!
PS

I appreciate I've been given answers to my queries yesterday.

These are not the same queries but different ones, if you look in detail.
I ofcourse have gone through the guidance notes and booklet, but, these intricate details as well as my unique personal scenario are not covered there. And the reason Im reaching out to this forum.

Please dont discredit the post and questions, answers received on this forum are very useful to someone like me, I am trying not to submit an application that gets rejected at NCS/UKBA.

Thanks
You are overthinking things. The questions are simple, all you have to do is state what they are asking for. If you have worked for the same employer for all these years, the simply state the dates and your current job title. If you have had different employers, the list them as required.

Suggest read Alterhase (click) advise again.

1.7, if you have never had another name, leave this one blank.

This is ALL covered in the booklet and guidance notes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)