ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Judicial Review EU Treaty Rights Extended Family Member

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khan_Saf1
Newly Registered

Judicial Review EU Treaty Rights Extended Family Member

Post by khan_Saf1 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:28 am

Hi Everyone.

I came to Ireland as an International Student.After my British passport holder brother moved here with me in January 2016, we applied for my EU Treaty rights on 21 Feb 2016, providing all documents such as my college fees, expenses paid by my brother during my study days in the UK and Ireland.

I finally received an acknowledgement letter in mid August 2016.Then, by end of November 2016, they requested me and my brother to submit our passports to them (I have never heard of anyone else being asked for this before). They returned our passports upon our request in Feb 2017.

After a couple of weeks, they refused my application which was on some stupid assumption by them that my brother didn't support me for 6 months. We then submitted a detailed list of expenses paid during that period (This was submitted initially as well) in our judicial review. It has been 2 months since our JR applications and I haven't heard anything yet.

At this point I'm worried about how much time they will take in coming up with a decision?
Has anyone gone through a similar situation or a judicial review application as such?

Thank You

malik0543

Re: Judicial Review EU Treaty Rights Extended Family Member

Post by malik0543 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:37 am

HI

JR process is quite long in Ireland but its worth to try bec the objection is baseless and decision can be quash by High court.
but you have to wait 1 year for full hearing

hadi007
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hadi007 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:50 pm

Hello Malik,

I have been reading your posts they are very informative thanks for them.

I have a question as you went to court for judicial review. after getting refusal on review application what is the process to go to court for judicial review.

Thanks in advance

hadi007
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hadi007 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:52 pm

malik0543 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 10:37 am
HI

JR process is quite long in Ireland but its worth to try bec the objection is baseless and decision can be quash by High court.
but you have to wait 1 year for full hearing

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:34 pm

FIrst stage is to file an application for leave together with an affidavit of the basis for your claim. If leave is granted due to error on the part of the minister, you will be allowed to proceed with a main challenge.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors