ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Seeking advice for delay on citizenship application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Syjem

Up Coming Ceremony 19 June - Invitees ONLY to Post

Post by Syjem » Wed May 03, 2017 7:17 pm

Thanks for the update but I hope that they will include on this on as my application has been under process for long time.
Application based on 5 year residence Stamp3 and 4
Application date:03-08-2016
First letter: 23-09-2016
Second letter: 03-02-2017
The Last update I received by email on 02-05-2017 stated that my application continue to be processed.
Would anyone think that I have chance for this ceremony???
Is there any recommendation on what I should do to get some more details on my application, up to my knowledge I didn't do anything (court, welfare) that could cause this delay. Waiting is killing me and I am not receiving any useful information from emailing the citizenship department.

Syjem

Re: Up Coming Ceremony

Post by Syjem » Wed May 03, 2017 7:19 pm

BTW, what do they mean by first come first served basis. Does it mean that we should express our interest in attending the ceremony??

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Wed May 03, 2017 7:31 pm

To Syzem
If you have any individual query please open a thread like the moderator mentioned...
First come first serve mean people usually get approval but make delay to make the payment of 950 euro..
So they will serve the applicants first who pays the 950 euro at their earliest convenience..
Cheers

Syjem

Seeking advice for delay on citizenship application

Post by Syjem » Wed May 03, 2017 7:51 pm

Dear All,
I am trying to get some an advice on my citizen application which has been long enough under processing.
My time line is as follows
The Last update I received by email on 02-05-2017 stated that my application continue to be processed.
Is there any recommendation on what I should do to get some more details on my application.
My main concern is that I am not aware of anything (court, welfare) that could cause this delay. Also, from my own prospective, it looks as there is complexity in my application as I never been asked to submit any additional document. They have only asked for my up to date GNIB card when they sent the second stage letter.
Your advice and help are gratefully acknowledged

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Wed May 03, 2017 7:54 pm

pukon_check wrote:To Syzem
If you have any individual query please open a thread like the moderator mentioned...
First come first serve mean people usually get approval but make delay to make the payment of 950 euro..
So they will serve the applicants first who pays the 950 euro at their earliest convenience..
Cheers
Thanks for your respond.

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Wed May 03, 2017 8:20 pm

Hey Syjem
Sorry to hear this..however it's a wait n see game..approval are rolling now and I guess it stopped again.usually they stop approval before ceremony..one of the guy from forum his wife received approval two weeks Ago and given a time to send money with two weeks..my advice will be if u receive approval by then just send asking fee and documents as soon as you can..
Now as you have second letter u can have your approval anytime..one of friend applied in June still waiting..
However if I were you I'd approach to my local TD ..just ask ur TD for an update from INIS..
My mates did it..
It's a little push for your application in a good way..
You can mail your local TD first with your all details..as soon as they give you reply they provide ur application reference and other related matters..
TD they help community people..I guess that's the only shot you can take now ...
Cheers

Syjem

Re: Seeking advice for delay on citizenship application

Post by Syjem » Thu May 04, 2017 2:34 am

pukon_check wrote:Hey Syjem
Sorry to hear this..however it's a wait n see game..approval are rolling now and I guess it stopped again.usually they stop approval before ceremony..one of the guy from forum his wife received approval two weeks Ago and given a time to send money with two weeks..my advice will be if u receive approval by then just send asking fee and documents as soon as you can..
Now as you have second letter u can have your approval anytime..one of friend applied in June still waiting..
However if I were you I'd approach to my local TD ..just ask ur TD for an update from INIS..
My mates did it..
It's a little push for your application in a good way..
You can mail your local TD first with your all details..as soon as they give you reply they provide ur application reference and other related matters..
TD they help community people..I guess that's the only shot you can take now ...
Cheers
Thanks for your advice, I will wait another two weeks and then I may approach the TD and ask him to contact the citizenship department.

tuathanach

Post by tuathanach » Thu May 04, 2017 9:44 am

Syjem wrote:Thanks for the update but I hope that they will include on this on as my application has been under process for long time.
Would anyone think that I have chance for this ceremony???
Is there any recommendation on what I should do to get some more details on my application, up to my knowledge I didn't do anything (court, welfare) that could cause this delay. Waiting is killing me and I am not receiving any useful information from emailing the citizenship department.
Syjem, your delay is not that big. In fact, I would even argue that your application is progressing normally and you have to be patient. This is citizenship, not something insignificant. You should also recognise that one of the major criteria is ''establishing good character'' and that can be difficult to do depending on your country of origin and so this can take some time.

I would say that you are doing well since you've had initial letter and also a second letter. There are a lot of people who applied at the same time as you who haven't had second letters yet.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Thu May 04, 2017 11:51 am

@tuathanach
Thanks for you respond

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Thu May 04, 2017 1:21 pm

I agree with tuathanach. Sit back and relax. Your day will come. It's only a matter of time. And I don't think there would be a big wave of approvals for the limerick ceremony but who know you might get lucky.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Hi Syjem
any news regarding your application my time line is identical to yours im also waiting for approval.
also didn't see anyone posting approval news in past few weeks.
thanks

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Tue May 16, 2017 3:51 pm

Mal111 wrote:Hi Syjem
any news regarding your application my time line is identical to yours im also waiting for approval.
also didn't see anyone posting approval news in past few weeks.
thanks
@Mal111, No news at all, it looks that there no new approval yet. the last contact I made was two weeks ago and I've been told that my application continue to be processed.
What is your time line and when was your last contact with them?

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:59 pm

I told you identical time line to your I don't remember dates rite now but same months applied in aug16 and second stage in feb17 I did not contact them yet.

thanks

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Tue May 16, 2017 4:09 pm

Mal111 wrote:I told you identical time line to your I don't remember dates rite now but same months applied in aug16 and second stage in feb17 I did not contact them yet.

thanks
I think you should contact them and ask about the status of your application. I will wait till end of this week and I will contact our local TD to ask him to contact the department on behalf of me as it looks that the only option I have after waiting for 10 months

Amira2012
Newly Registered

Post by Amira2012 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:33 am

My husband applied for citizenship in August 2016, he got a letter saying that his application moved to second stage in November 2016 and that the next letter would be the decision if they didnt need any more info. We haven't heard anything yet, I've emailed a few times to see the progress but just getting your application still continues to be processed.
It's a bit dishearting as applications that were sent in Oct and November have had decisions and been to the ceremony and we are still waiting.

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Wed May 17, 2017 1:55 am

Hi Amira
Compare to previous cases it's not that long delay however this ceremony coming ceremony will on 19th June but mostly for Galway and Limirick applicants and only 400 hundred people will be getting citizenship..
After this ceremony your husband might get his approval..
Would u mind to tell us here what was basis of his application..??

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:29 am

hi pukon check

Are we sure that Limerick ceremony is for Galway and cork applicants?
as I posted above I also applied in aug2016 and got second stg letter in feb2017 and nothibg since.
thanks

Amira2012
Newly Registered

Post by Amira2012 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:49 am

We are from northern Ireland he applied based marriage to irish spouse.

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Wed May 17, 2017 11:19 am

It should be quicker than other application because married to Irish is always bit fast when is comes to approval..
Good luck to ur hubi ..
Did they ask any further documents?

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Wed May 17, 2017 12:25 pm

pukon_check wrote:It should be quicker than other application because married to Irish is always bit fast when is comes to approval..
Good luck to ur hubi ..
Did they ask any further documents?

Dear Pukon_C Did iluvdi & Deekay get approval ? finally

also i wonder if there there a relation further documents (Feel like when they request further document like bills process become slow)

Cheers

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Wed May 17, 2017 12:46 pm

Dear broli I don't think they got yet
What about u

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Wed May 17, 2017 12:50 pm

I will be lodging all my applications in by end june
i will keep u folks up to date :|

Amira2012
Newly Registered

Post by Amira2012 » Wed May 17, 2017 4:00 pm

When we first sent the application we had filled the declaration at the back in the wrong way around so they sent that page back for us to re do and we sent it back but have no asked for any further documents from him.
Tho my hustand rc expired in ocotober 2016 and he received it early last month, we sent a copy of it and got a letter back saying they received it, do u think that could have held up his application?

A friend of a friend applied in feb 2017 and has has approval, I just can't understand whay keeps some applications, we provideo alot of paper work and also police report.

All we can do is wait.

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Wed May 17, 2017 4:29 pm

Since you did mistake and had to correct and send back to them it did costs time ..
Probably goes a bit behind in the q..
Every citizenship application is individual..
Usually they give results with in 7 months...
Good that u updated them with his current status..
If he has no conviction or any complication it should come along..
Some cases are so quick they got in a month and half..
Honestly it's a wait and see game ..
Good luck

amiamorgan
Newly Registered

Post by amiamorgan » Thu May 18, 2017 4:04 pm

Sent an email to know the update of my application last week. and Got this reply today.
Does any1 know what stage this is please or know if it means is gone to minister never seen this reply b4 and have been on this forum a long time. Got my second stage later 30/04/2017 and applied 21/09/2016.

Your application is still under consideration and has not yet reached a
conclusion. While it is not possible to give an exact timeframe, this
office will be in touch as soon as a decision has been reached.

Regards,