ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working for over 20 hours - error

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kuzaaah

Working for over 20 hours - error

Post by kuzaaah » Wed May 17, 2017 6:18 pm

Hi
I will appreciate some advice on this issue. I am an international PhD student working part time. I received my payslip recently and realized the total number of hours worked exceeded 20 hours. Upon closer investigation, I realized I was paid for the training sessions I attended. Since I did not know that the training sessions will be paid, I decided to work 20 hours in that week.

Has anyone fell foul of the 20 hours rule as a PhD student? Did it affect your application for the Doctorate Extension visa? What are the likely consequences of this scenario?

I will appreciate some advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Working for over 20 hours - error

Post by CR001 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:27 pm

Yes many have done this, intentionally or unintentionally. Effect is often refused ILR and BC for breach of immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.