ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Archer1 » Sun May 14, 2017 4:17 pm

Hi there ,
Regarding acknowledgement letter have you given a valid email address while filling the from? Hope you have.Check your inbox on regular bases , and for biometrics now a days HO taking time to send these letters even 6 to 8 weeks you need not worry about any thing . And in some cases few haven't received acknowledgement letter only biometrics .
You will get soon if fee has been taken.
Regards
__A

Northernboy122
Newly Registered

Post by Northernboy122 » Sun May 14, 2017 10:01 pm

I have received 4 automatic emails so far from HO in last 4 months and received acknowledge letter but the important thing is BRP card which is not here in my hand! :oops: :oops: I heard most of my friend received their card in 4th month. I hope you all get it soon.

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:59 am

Northernboy122 wrote:I have received 4 automatic emails so far from HO in last 4 months and received acknowledge letter but the important thing is BRP card which is not here in my hand! :oops: :oops: I heard most of my friend received their card in 4th month. I hope you all get it soon.
Hi Northernboy,

Thanks for sharing your timeline, what do you mean by acknowledge letter? did you mean approval letter? I haven't seen anyone get thier approval yet. do you know anyone that has received approval?

Thanks

goldfish80
Newly Registered

Post by goldfish80 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:44 pm

application for my wife:

20/03/2017 sent application to HO.
24/03/2017 received email from HO
26/03/2017 received acknowledgment letter
27/03/2017 done fingerprint thing
x1 emails from HO asking us to wait.

is it talking longer now? i remember a friend a of mine got a response in about 1 month. this was about 2 years ago.

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by salsabeel » Mon May 15, 2017 7:09 pm

Archer1 wrote:Hi there ,
Regarding acknowledgement letter have you given a valid email address while filling the from? Hope you have.Check your inbox on regular bases , and for biometrics now a days HO taking time to send these letters even 6 to 8 weeks you need not worry about any thing . And in some cases few haven't received acknowledgement letter only biometrics .
Regards
Thanks for your quick response ,well I checked my email on photocopy of application I wrote correctly but i am not receiving any prograsive email from HO.
Just received acknowledgement & biometric letters within 3 days after posting my application.

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Archer1 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:21 pm

That's fine no problem, same with me.
I only have received Biometric no acknowledgment email.
Regards
__A

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by salsabeel » Mon May 15, 2017 9:28 pm

Archer1 wrote:That's fine no problem, same with me.
Regards
Hi can I ask you you don't mind when did you you send your application & it was set ( p) application or other category type application BcZ I sent set protection base application. I hope & pray every one will get positive response regardless their settlement application.thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:32 pm

Archer1 wrote:That's fine no problem, same with me.
Regards
Kindly refrain from posting in this topic, which is refugee / Set Protection route ONLY, as your route to ILR is completely different with different rules and requirements. Continue in your existing topic.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/filling-new- ... 29568.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Northernboy122
Newly Registered

Post by Northernboy122 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:04 am

I have a basic question: Does HO send the ILR card by sign for post or just first class? If someone is not at home do they leave it in postbox or a signature is necessary? Anyone knows?

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:40 pm

salsabeel wrote:
Archer1 wrote:Hi there ,
Regards
Thanks for your quick response ,well I checked my email on photocopy of application I wrote correctly but i am not receiving any prograsive email from HO.
Just received acknowledgement & biometric letters within 3 days after posting my application.
Check your spam folder

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by salsabeel » Tue May 16, 2017 3:11 pm

hellow
no i did not receive any single mail from HO since i posted my dacuments on 24th march 2017.
jus with in 3 days i received biomatric and acknowledge letters which is proof they received.since then no never any response from HO,
i checked in junk/spam folders but no email from them.
i am worried now why i am not receiving like other all.
in an old post here ,someone did not receive any response via email like and finally after 6 months latter HO sent her letter send us again your dacuments applicant did and with in 28 days she/he got ILR.
i am affraid HO lost my dacuments too????

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by salsabeel » Tue May 16, 2017 4:11 pm

mcr1234 wrote:
mcr1234 wrote:congs Freedom
Hi good people
Im delighted to tell you that God has answered my prayers. i have received my ILR this Morning and im over the moon. i pray that everyone in ths forum get granted soon. here is my timeline

lam very very veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy happy..my indefinite leave granted ..my brp on the way..goodluck to you all..with GOD ALL IS POSSIBLE
hellow. congrates
hope u enjoying ur freedom now.
same like u i am not receiving any single email from HO apart from acknowledgement and biomatric letters,i sent my application on 24th march 2017.i sent all my original dacuments.but no prograssive emails on monthly basis.

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:40 am

salsabeel wrote:hellow
no i did not receive any single mail from HO since i posted my dacuments on 24th march 2017.
jus with in 3 days i received biomatric and acknowledge letters which is proof they received.since then no never any response from HO,
in an old post here ,someone did not receive any response via email like and finally after 6 months latter HO sent her letter send us again your dacuments applicant did and with in 28 days she/he got ILR.
Hey man, Dont worry, if they have sent you the acknowledge letter that means they have received the application and obviously you have done your biometric. There might be some problems with the email such as the person entered your email might have made a mistake and didnt input the right email. I would recommend to contact Home Office and update your email address, just to make sure they have the right email.

Ponnan
Newly Registered

Post by Ponnan » Wed May 17, 2017 7:37 pm

Northernboy122 wrote:I have a basic question: Does HO send the ILR card by sign for post or just first class? If someone is not at home do they leave it in postbox or a signature is necessary? Anyone knows?
Hi

Your ILR card would be sent via a Courier called DX Deliveries (https://www.dxdelivery.com/ ). If no one is at home, they will drop you a card saying they attempted to deliver. You will then have to re-arrange delivery to the same address or different address. They also have a paid option where they will delivery to the time suits your more. (My experience with this courier is that they do not make real attempt to delivery, they just quickly knock at door and drop the card and go. I was at home and i could not hear them knocking but when went outside i saw the card)

Your ILR application documents will be sent by Royal Mail post, if you are not at home, you will have a Royal Mail attempted delivery card dropped and you can go and collect from the post office at address specified in the card and you will have to sign to get this.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

Northernboy122
Newly Registered

Post by Northernboy122 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:44 pm

Ponnan wrote:
Northernboy122 wrote:I have a basic question: Does HO send the ILR card by sign for post or just first class? If someone is not at home do they leave it in postbox or a signature is necessary? Anyone knows?
Hi

Your ILR card would be sent via a Courier called DX Deliveries (https://www.dxdelivery.com/ ). If no one is at home, they will drop you a card saying they attempted to deliver. You will then have to re-arrange delivery to the same address or different address. They also have a paid option where they will delivery to the time suits your more. (My experience with this courier is that they do not make real attempt to delivery, they just quickly knock at door and drop the card and go. I was at home and i could not hear them knocking but when went outside i saw the card)

Your ILR application documents will be sent by Royal Mail post, if you are not at home, you will have a Royal Mail attempted delivery card dropped and you can go and collect from the post office at address specified in the card and you will have to sign to get this.

Hope this helps.
Thanks
Thank you so much. Really appreciate it. :D :)

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by salsabeel » Thu May 18, 2017 11:34 am

hellow ,
it seems u have GOOD NEWS IN SH ALLAH.

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by salsabeel » Thu May 18, 2017 10:50 pm

salsabeel wrote:
salsabeel wrote:hellow all,
i,m new member.
hope all are good & receving good news .
five-year visa expiry date: 17 April 2017
Application Sent: 24th March 2017
HO recevied on 27th march 2017 due to weekend.
ackledgement & biomatric letters from HO 29th march 2017
Biometrics enrolled: 3rd April 2017
Hi , any good news from anyone?

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by salsabeel » Thu May 18, 2017 10:56 pm

Sam1140 wrote:
salsabeel wrote:hellow
Hey man, Dont worry, if they have sent you the acknowledge letter that means they have received the application and obviously you have done your biometric. There might be some problems with the email such as the person entered your email might have made a mistake and didnt input the right email. I would recommend to contact Home Office and update your email address, just to make sure they have the right email.
Hi thanks very much for giving me couragement, I will update my email to HO.
@ Sam can I ask you your time line?? Ian happy if other people' also share their time line as here is so silience and people awaiting their ILR could b boredom.i pray every one get positive results.
SALSABEEL

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by salsabeel » Thu May 18, 2017 11:00 pm

Northernboy122 wrote:Hello to all. I could not log into my old ID. Here is my timeline:

24/01/2017 HO received my application
02/02/2017 received email from HO
04/02/2017 received acknowledgment letter
06/02/2017 done fingerprint and took picture for BRP
01/03/2017 received email from HO
03/04/2017 received email from HO
02/05/2017 received email from HO
Waiting------waiting------waiting

There is not any way to track our application and waiting is the only option we have at the moment.
Hellow any updates from you
SALSABEEL

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by salsabeel » Thu May 18, 2017 11:02 pm

Sam1140 wrote:
salsabeel wrote:
imaner wrote:
imaner wrote:five-year visa expiry date: 1 April 2017
Application Sent: 1 March 2017
Received by HO: 2 March 2017
Biometrics letter received: Waiting
Biometrics enrolled: Waiting
Approval received: Waiting
BRP Card received: Waiting
Update1:
five-year visa expiry date: 1 April 2017
Application Sent: 1 March 2017
Received by HO: 2 March 2017
Date of acknowledgement: 10 March email from the HO
Biometrics letter received: 10 March (Dated 7th)
Biometrics enrolled: 10 March
Approval received: Waiting
BRP Card received: Waiting
hellow are u receiving emails from home office ???.thanks
Hi Salsabeel,
Yes, I have sent my application in mid Feb and have received one email so far. have done the biometric 10 days after submission of my application. Do you know how long does it take this year?

thanks,
Hellow
Any updates
Many thanks
SALSABEEL

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by salsabeel » Thu May 18, 2017 11:08 pm

salsabeel wrote:
Balli223 wrote:
salsabeel wrote:
Balli223 wrote:Hello .i applied 26th feb .got biomatric letter 6th march .biomatric done 8th march .could annyone please tell the changes on law on 9th march 2017 can effect after 9th march appliction or before 9th march
Hellow
Hellow, are u receiving emails on monthly bases? Thanks
Thanks
No I received email just once after that i didn't get any email.and what about you . many thanks
Hi,
Many thanks for your quick response ,
Well I didn't receive any email since I posted my application, with in just 3 days,I got ackledgement & biomateic letter same day so done next day since just waiting[/quote
Hi is there any updates from u and are you receiving mails again
Thanks]
SALSABEEL

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:01 pm

@ Sam can I ask you your time line?? Ian happy if other people' also share their time line as here is so silience and people awaiting their ILR could b boredom.i pray every one get positive results.[/quote]

Hey Sal,

My timeline :
Sent the application on the 14th Feb,
Ack and Biometric done on the 20th Feb
and receiving the monthly update, it has been 3 months so far and I have not received the email this month yet.

it is frustrating, we all know, I faced so many problems at my workplace because of my visa, but this is the procedure and everyone with our condition need to go through it. Hope for the best.

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by salsabeel » Fri May 19, 2017 11:15 pm

Hi
Thanks for your reply & I hope u
get positive decision soon IN SHA ALLAH , maybe no email or late email is a sign of ILR IN SHA ALLAH I pray too, best of luck.
Online a lots of charities are appalling against safe country review & saying to reverse it & HO not in position due to pending election so hope everything would be ok.
Yes off course wait is really painful moments, & people leave the thread when they sorted.
Anyway I pray & hope new gov think about everyone including poor asylum seekers refugee students children olders men women workers & disable sick etc what they are & what their needs.
SALSABEEL

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Mon May 22, 2017 12:29 pm

Hey man,

I have just received my 3rd email.

MJ2017
Newly Registered

Post by MJ2017 » Mon May 22, 2017 12:39 pm

Hi Guys,
I sent my application on 26th of September 2017
Received a acknowledgement letter and done biometric with in a week. Everything was going well as I was receiving email every month. Suddenly, I received a letter from HO saying because of the complexity of the case it will take another 3 months which is end of next month.

Even it was ok, but I spoke to some of my friends and they said their friends already received few letters like this and they were waiting around 1.5 years now. Is it happened to anyone here?

SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES IN THIS ISSUE. Thanks guys.