ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Austrian Tourist Visa from India

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kayzee83
Newly Registered

Austrian Tourist Visa from India

Post by kayzee83 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:59 pm

Hi

Anyone know more about applying for an Austrian Tourist Visa from India? The VFS website says the applications should be made at New Delhi and this threw me a bit. Does VFS handle it for you or does the applicant actually need to travel to New Delhi from say Mumbai or Bangalore? Never come across this before for any Schengen visa...

http://www.vfs-austria.co.in/how_to_apply.html

Please suggest

Cheers
Kay

secret.simon

Re: Austrian Tourist Visa from India

Post by secret.simon » Thu May 18, 2017 3:46 pm

The website that you have linked to states;
All applications will be assessed by the Embassy of Austria at New Delhi only.
That has got nothing to do with VFS centres.

It also states;
Applications accepted at Other Application centers except Delhi Austria Visa Application Centre will be submitted on 2nd working day, 3rd working day for Goa and Bangalore and Applications accepted at Delhi Austria Visa Application Centre will be submitted the next working day at the Embassy of Austria.
That logically means that applications can be made at other application centres, but that it would take a couple of days longer.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.