ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa Extension (had Tier 2 Now got ILR)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krishna1
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa Extension (had Tier 2 Now got ILR)

Post by krishna1 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:26 pm

Hello,

I am currently holding ILR and my partner is on Tier 2 dependent visa. Her visa is valid till Aug 2017.
I got my ILR under Tier 2, 5 years of UK residence in Aug 2016. My understanding is as I got ILR under 5 year route so –
1. My dependent can apply tier2 dependent visa extension (max 3 years) right? No need to go for FLR(M) which will reset the counter?
2. Application will be tier 2 dependent extension but I don’t have COS (Tier 2 requirement) so what other documents need to be submitted with the application?
3. Can I apply Tier2 dependent visa extension 3 months in advance?
4. She is working full time and have maintained funds. Do I need to show min funds for support as well?

Thanks,
Nik

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent Visa Extension (had Tier 2 Now got ILR)

Post by CR001 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:21 am

1. Yes tier 2 dependent as FLR (M) will reset clock to zero.

2. You don't need a COS for tier 2 dependent visa. Read the guidance notes for tier 2 dependent visa.

3. Yes, provided it doesn't create a shortfall for ILR which would need a further dependent extension to cover the gap.

4. You need to show the required maintenance funds.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krishna1
Newly Registered

Post by krishna1 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:42 pm

Thanks for the details.

One more thing-

I read priority service option to get visa in 10 days. Only first 60 emails get selected for the process. Can I apply dependent extensions under that? I was filling the form for priority service and there is one column asking COS and sponsor details. As I don't have COS anymore what should I mention under those rows?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:48 pm

I don't think it is available for T2G dependent. Why not use premium service for same day decision?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krishna1
Newly Registered

Post by krishna1 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:02 pm

Hi

Premium service will be extra cost of 590£. However, priority service is not that extra cost and get the results in 10 days.
Details I found on UKBA wep page

- Dependants applying in the UK on their own

Your dependants can apply to extend or switch their visas to stay with you if they’re already in the UK.

Your family members can apply online if they’re your:

partner
child

They can also ask to use the priority service. https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members

Please confirm if that's correct?

Regards

krishna1
Newly Registered

Post by krishna1 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:51 pm

One more Question

1. My wife has maintained required funds in the account.
2. I have maintained the funds however, i accidentally moved funds to my different account. Is it ok if I show two different bank accounts statement as I didn't hold the required amount in one bank account for 90 days?

I will appreciate your response.

Thanks,

krishna1
Newly Registered

Post by krishna1 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:06 pm

Hello,

Can someone help with the correct application weblink or form to download for dependent visa extension under Tier2 dependent extension application please?

I can only find online application link where it has tier 2 general category. No dependant category and if i select that then next tab asks for sponsor licence number. As I am on indefinite to remain so I don't have sponsor licence number any more.

Thanks,
Nik

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:13 am

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

It seems only an online form. There is no paper form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)