ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 month gap in CSI during 5 year period for PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tijeras85
Newly Registered

10 month gap in CSI during 5 year period for PR

Post by tijeras85 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:38 am

Hi everyone,

I've been living in the UK since 2009. The 5 year period I plan to use to request PR is Sept 2009-Sept 2014. During the first 4 years I was a PhD student. During the fifth year I was working full time. I'm a Spanish national. My situation is the following:

* As a dependant under 26 years old, I had CSI from Sept 2009 to Sept 2012 and I can proof this with document S1.
* In September 2012 I turned 26 and that meant that I could only export my Spanish health coverage to the UK for a further 3 months. I can proof this with a certificate that says I was entitled to have an EHIC for that period (Sept 2012-Dec 2012).
* I started full-time work in Oct 2013, so CSI is no longer needed.

In summary, during my 5 year period there's a 10 month gap during which I did not have CSI. Does this mean my application will be rejected 100%? I wonder if they are permissive in a circumstance like this, or on the contrary they are super strict and will automatically refuse my application.

Any advice would be super appreciated!

A million thanks in advance.

tijeras85
Newly Registered

Re: 10 month gap in CSI during 5 year period for PR

Post by tijeras85 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:15 pm

Hi again everyone,

Thanks so much for reading my post, I really appreciate it. Does anyone know where I could find help regarding this issue?

Best wishes to all.