ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing a kid to the UK - is it worth?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

serggry

Bringing a kid to the UK - is it worth?

Post by serggry » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:16 am

Dear forum members!

I am planning to bring my wife and my 3.11 year son to the UK as HSMP dependents.

Is it good? What are the risks and problems with a child? What about kindergartens?

Will it be any problems to rent an room for a family with a child?

thanks a lot,

Serggry

garik
Newly Registered

Post by garik » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:30 pm

serggry,

Think this decision through. There are many problems associated with having your child here. First, getting a place to live is going to be harder, I can't tell you how many times we were refused by landlord because of a child. We have a 2 year old son and as soon as landlord finds out about a young child a number of excuses suddenly show up as to why we can't rent a property. Finding a kindergarten is not so easy either. Be prepared to queue for anywhere from 6 months to up to two years if you want your kid to get into a good kindergarten and I'm only talking about the once where you have to pay 1k/month in fees. Maybe in some areas it is better though.
These are the two areas of great concern. If you get passed this stage your kid will most likely be enjoying his/her stay. There are many parks here, excellent playgrounds, many places to visit around London and general attitude towards children is very nice. It is also safe to be here. We still haven't managed to find a kindergarten, by our son is enjoying his time here. If it wasn't for him, we would probably not even be here as there are more opportunities for money making back at home.

simar

Post by simar » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:58 pm

serggry,
Your question is bit stupid. Family have to live together where ever parents go. Question you should ask is is it okay for child to live without father for long time?

garik
Newly Registered

Post by garik » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:07 pm

simar wrote:serggry,
Your question is bit stupid. Family have to live together where ever parents go. Question you should ask is is it okay for child to live without father for long time?
simar, don't take it personal, but the only stupid thing here is your comment. There are issues that have to be solved before you bring your family over, at the very least the accommodation has to be sorted. It is not easy to have a young kid here and unless you only have half a brain you should know what to expect.

serggry

Thanks a lot friends!

Post by serggry » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:44 am

Thanks for your support and understanding!

We have decided to move without the kid and bring him as soon as we are well established.

Serggry