ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SOC salary increase

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

SOC salary increase

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu May 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Hi All,

I noticed that salary for my SOC code has been increased.

3 questions on this:

1) Does my employer need to increase my salary too to match it or this is not required at this moment?
2) Once I will apply for ILR next year my salary should match or exceed the one mentioned in SOC code. So when exactly my employer need to increase my salary? Can they increase it after the SOC code will be updated next year or they have to increase it earlier?
3) When I will get my P60 next year it will obviusly show my currrent salary. Will this be a problem if they increase my salary after I get the P60 next year and the SOC code requirements will be updated?

Thanks a milion!

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: SOC salary increase

Post by VirtualWaver » Tue May 23, 2017 11:16 pm

A bit worried abou point 1, didn't find any info. Would really appreciate if anyone could help, guys!

aforadi
Newly Registered

Post by aforadi » Wed May 24, 2017 10:31 am

VirtualWaver wrote:A bit worried abou point 1, didn't find any info. Would really appreciate if anyone could help, guys!
Good question, experts can answer this.
Try calling helpline too.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Wed May 24, 2017 3:33 pm

I hope someone could anwer to this. Don't want to end up with refusal after all this long way.

aforadi
Newly Registered

Post by aforadi » Tue May 30, 2017 12:06 pm

VirtualWaver wrote:I hope someone could anwer to this. Don't want to end up with refusal after all this long way.
This should be answered. Important question.

Junaidrai

Post by Junaidrai » Tue May 30, 2017 12:27 pm

VirtualWaver wrote:Hi All,

I noticed that salary for my SOC code has been increased.

3 questions on this:

1) Does my employer need to increase my salary too to match it or this is not required at this moment?
2) Once I will apply for ILR next year my salary should match or exceed the one mentioned in SOC code. So when exactly my employer need to increase my salary? Can they increase it after the SOC code will be updated next year or they have to increase it earlier?
3) When I will get my P60 next year it will obviusly show my currrent salary. Will this be a problem if they increase my salary after I get the P60 next year and the SOC code requirements will be updated?

Thanks a milion!
Hello,

My understanding is that your employer have to increase your salary inline with appropriate salary requirement. you need to stay above the appropriate salary requirement all the time.

Please see the following link:

[https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/extend-your-visa]

In order to stay safe for your ILR application, your employer should increase your salary well above the expected change in annual salary requirement. In case HO change the salary requirement next year, you still sit way ahead of that.

Thanks!

aforadi
Newly Registered

Post by aforadi » Tue May 30, 2017 4:00 pm

So according to you- every employer should increase the salary of their current employees as per the new salary level, that's scary.
I guess the salary increase is required when either you apply for extension or switching or ILR.
Please correct !

Junaidrai

Post by Junaidrai » Tue May 30, 2017 4:21 pm

aforadi wrote:So according to you- every employer should increase the salary of their current employees as per the new salary level, that's scary.
I guess the salary increase is required when either you apply for extension or switching or ILR.
Please correct !
Well obviously, I did not mean that it should be raised straight away when new salary requirement is declared. What I meant to say by all the time was before you apply for each extension/switching/ILR application it has to be raised inline with the requirement.

Thanks!

aforadi
Newly Registered

Post by aforadi » Tue May 30, 2017 4:27 pm

Junaidrai wrote:
aforadi wrote:So according to you- every employer should increase the salary of their current employees as per the new salary level, that's scary.
Please correct !
Well obviously, I did not mean that it should be raised straight away when new salary requirement is declared. What I meant to say by all the time was before you apply for each extension/switching/ILR application it has to be raised inline with the requirement.

Thanks!
I agree. Thanks.