ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extended family member.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aluter

Extended family member.

Post by aluter » Thu May 18, 2017 9:22 pm

Hi,

I hope someone can help. I would like to bring my sister who is 23yrs old to the UK. I have just applied for British citizenship. I also qualify for an European citizenship through my husband but I am yet to apply for it.

Can someone advise what is the best route to bring her to the UK to come live with us? It would be difficult to prove financial dependency because I was not sending money directly into her bank account.

Is it better going via EU route or UK route?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Extended family member.

Post by CR001 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:55 pm

Unless she qualifies for a visa in her own right on the UK immigration rules, you cannot bring her as your dependent, ie an adult dependent relative under UK rules.

For the EU route, you have to prove dependency on the EU citizen as she is over 21.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Re: Extended family member.

Post by vinny » Thu May 18, 2017 10:16 pm

If you acquire British citizenship, then the EEA route currently requires that your sister also satisfy Regulation 9. Unfortunately, the UKVI have also refused to accept that extended family members may satisfy Regulation 9.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.