ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Luxembourg Non-EEA Spouse

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lostinluxembourg
Newly Registered

Luxembourg Non-EEA Spouse

Post by lostinluxembourg » Fri May 19, 2017 9:46 am

I am a dual citizen of the UK and RoI, and I have recently moved to Luxembourg to start a new job. My wife is a turkish citizen and as we spent a few months travelling after getting married she doesn't have a residence card for any EU country. At present she is in Turkey and I am in Luxembourg.

I was under the impression that it would be a fairly quick and easy process for her to get a visa to come to Luxembourg and then register. When I asked the immigration ministry here on what procedure to follow to do this they told me she must apply for a Class D visa and it will take up to 3 months to be issued.

This is obviously a long time to be separated, and so I am wondering if there is a quicker way. If she applies for a tourist visa as a spouse of an EU citizen and comes to Luxembourg on that is she still able to get the residence permission and thus be able to stay permanently? Or do I really need to wait 3 months for them to issue a class D entry visa?

waqasars

Re: Luxembourg Non-EEA Spouse

Post by waqasars » Fri May 19, 2017 12:58 pm

Try to get the tourist visa. Once she will be here you can here residence card with in first 3 month.

mgb

Re: Luxembourg Non-EEA Spouse

Post by mgb » Fri May 19, 2017 2:47 pm

Advice from the government of luxembourg.
http://www.guichet.public.lu/entreprise ... index.html
At the second half.