ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT HELP IHS SURCHARGE !

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

qnazzz
Newly Registered

URGENT HELP IHS SURCHARGE !

Post by qnazzz » Fri May 19, 2017 8:48 pm

Dear all,
Urgent help needed.

Once the appointment is booked for spouse visa. it's getting redirected to IHS payment page and directly it's asking to pay £1800.

There is no option to select "Applying alone" as in the online application form. However, I have tried using the online calculator and selected "Applying alone" which gives £600 calculation.

But, there is no option to select in the online application form ...as it's directly redirecting the page to pay £1800.I can't select applying alone. But, why is it different in the online application form? Please help me.
I have tried to go back to change information but it keeps on displaying the same information.

Visa type----- Settlement->Husband
I am on ILR.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: URGENT HELP IHS SURCHARGE !

Post by CR001 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:52 pm

That would be because you put your ILR BRP card expiry date in.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

qnazzz
Newly Registered

Post by qnazzz » Fri May 19, 2017 8:54 pm

But I have tried to delete it , it has somehow saved this data. What do we do ?
We have 2 hours left to make application payment and we have already made Priority service payment using the GWF number for this application. Hence can't start the application all over again !
Please HELP !

qnazzz
Newly Registered

Post by qnazzz » Fri May 19, 2017 9:06 pm

Panicking now please help !

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Fri May 19, 2017 9:14 pm

What do you mean by "applying alone"? I had trouble when using the IHS payment page on Wednesday. You could always call the UKVI helpline but that won't do you an favours to be honest as it's a waste of time. The only thing I can suggest is to pay the OHS on a credit card if you can, secure your appointment and then chase a refund next week. The entire system is flawed though and I'm sorry I can't be more help.

qnazzz
Newly Registered

Post by qnazzz » Fri May 19, 2017 9:35 pm

Basically the system is thinking that both of us are applying whereas in reality it is my husband who is applying for a Spouse Visa whilst I am already in the UK on an ILR.
So it is calculating a higher IHS surcharge based on my ILR BRP expiry date in 2024 :((

Don't know from where it has assumed that it is 2 people applying whereas the entire application has my husband's data as the applicant.

As we started the IHS Surcharge page it first said "Missing Details" and asked if we are applying to live in Jersey, Guernsey etc...we updated that answer as no.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Fri May 19, 2017 9:48 pm

That is weird as ILR means you don't pay the IHS payment anyway doesn't it? It's a weird one and I'm sorry I can't help you anymore. The only other thing I can think of is cancelling the application and starting from scratch. The form shouldn't take that long to fill in and hopefully you can see where you have gone wrong.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:41 pm

You will have to start again and not put in your details. She is applying alone.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

qnazzz
Newly Registered

Post by qnazzz » Mon May 22, 2017 10:31 pm

Just to help everyone else I thought I will post what went wrong when we were paying for IHS Surcharge.

We had to unfortunately cancel this application and make a new one and also request a refund for the priority visa service we had already paid for (since that is assigned by specific GWF number). Hopefully we will get it back.

The problem is the Question:

ARE YOU APPLYING TO JOIN OR REMAIN WITH A PERSON ALREADY IN THE UK>
This is followed by a Blue button which says "ADD THIS PERSON'S DETAILS"
Followed by " YOU DON'T NEED TO ADD THIS PERSON's DETAILS IF THEY AREV A UK OR EEA CITIZEN"

Since I have only got ILR and I am not a UK Citizen yet, and my husband was applying to join me in the UK so we clicked on the Blue button to add my details, all the while thinking that why are my details needed in sooo many places in the form and elsewhere.

End Result it was calculating IHS Surcharge for 2 people when no where it bothered to ask " ARe you applying alone or with someone else".

The questions had wrong wording.

So people please read this questions carefully as unfortunately there is no way to go back and change or delete the details once you have clicked on this blue button to add the details.

Hope this helps !

saf481
Newly Registered
India

Post by saf481 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:49 pm

So what should one do with this button when they are on ILR? If they click the button the system is making wrong judgement and if we do not click this button, would we become target for the aligation of not entering material information? - The question clearly says "CITIZEN" only. It dosent say "SETTLED PERSON"

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:56 pm

saf481 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:49 pm
So what should one do with this button when they are on ILR? If they click the button the system is making wrong judgement and if we do not click this button, would we become target for the aligation of not entering material information? - The question clearly says "CITIZEN" only. It dosent say "SETTLED PERSON"
Please post in your own topic you already have instead of digging up and tagging onto one that is almost 2 years old!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)