ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Standard Visitor Visa - Self Employed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Adojay

UK Standard Visitor Visa - Self Employed

Post by Adojay » Sat May 20, 2017 7:59 am

Hi All,

My sister and her husband are in the process of applying for visiting visa for a week break in the UK. This shouldn't be a problem, as her husband is a medical doctor and owns/runs his own hospital in Nigeria, and have been for well over 10 years.

I have provided them letter of invitation and provision of accommodation for their stay. They have every other documentation required including business registration, business accounts statements, cover letter from himself, as medical director stating reason for the week break with his wife, medical practice certificates etc. However, they do not have an up to date tax clearance certificate (as they call it back home). He thinks they might be refused visas if they do not include one.

Do you guys think there is a strong possibility of denial of visas for this singular reason? I checked the UKVisa website (gov.uk), and it stays if self-employed to submit business registration documents showing when the business started etc. No mention of tax documents. They have 6 children, including a 3-year old, which shows strong ties back home. He also has a successful business to go back to. The only problem is the tax doc which isn't up to date.

What do you guys think? Should they submit application without tax document? Or it is explicitly required for a self-employed visa applicant?

There is also a small matter of length of visas to apply for. I asked them to go for 2 years visas. They are concerned it might be refused, and instead 6 months issued. Meaning they lose the money. They think because they are first time applicants to the UK, they wouldn't get 6 months. My argument is that I got 2 years visas for myself and my wife when we applied for visit visa to the UK the first time in early 2000s.

Any advice on that too?

Cheers and thanks

AdoJay
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

Adojay

Re: UK Standard Visitor Visa - Self Employed

Post by Adojay » Wed May 24, 2017 10:31 am

Hi All,

Surprised no one has a response or opinion regarding my post, despite all the viewings.

In any case, we have decided to go ahead with what we believe will give them the best chance of being issued entry visas.

Thanks everyone for the viewings.

I will update the post with outcome of the high commission's decision.

Kind regards,

AdoJay

- Vince Lombardi

cenkan18
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by cenkan18 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:30 am

Hi,

I am reading your thread, and how was it?

and you write "tax clearance certificate", is this required for a visitor visa? I am trying to find this information but didn't see any

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:48 am

I understand tax clearance certificates are required for self-employed visit visa applicants. However, this may differ for some countries.

- Vince Lombardi

joycey86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by joycey86 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:56 pm

Heya

What was the update on your sister and her husband's visa? I'll be very interested you know.

Regards
J