ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying British Citizen spouse visa outside UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Adnan2003
Newly Registered

Applying British Citizen spouse visa outside UK

Post by Adnan2003 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:03 pm

Dear All
I am British Citizen who have two kids who also hold British Citizen. My wife is holding Pakistani passport and was on dependent spouse visa which is expired on jan-2017. She lived in UK for 5 years as PBS dependent and then British spouse dependent.
We have moved to Middle east for the job purposes and now wanted to move back , what would be the process , is there any chance that i can get her visa from outside UK and move together?

vinny

Re: Applying British Citizen spouse visa outside UK

Post by vinny » Sun May 21, 2017 1:36 am

She may apply for a spouse visa, subject to meeting the requirements.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Adnan2003
Newly Registered

Post by Adnan2003 » Sun May 21, 2017 8:23 am

I understand that she can get the spouse Visa , my question is what are the requirement?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 21, 2017 9:32 am

See also Appendix FM-SE, English language, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun May 21, 2017 10:41 am

Further to Vinny's post with the relevant links, in order to meet the financial requirement you have the following options:

1. Apply with £62,500 savings (or the equivalent in foreign currency) which have been held in an accessible account for at least 6 month prior to applying.

2. Submit evidence that you have been earning the equivalent of £18,600 p.a outside of the UK for the 6 month period prior to applying
AND
you have a confirmed job offer starting within 3 months of arrival in the UK, again meeting the minimum earnings level of £18,600.

3. Re-locate to the UK ahead of your wife and once you can submit 6 months of payslips + the corresponding bank statements as proof that you meet the £18,600 p.a income level.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Adnan2003
Newly Registered

Post by Adnan2003 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:57 pm

[quote="Casa"]Further to Vinny's post with the relevant links, in order to meet the financial requirement you have the following options:

2. Submit evidence that you have been earning the equivalent of £18,600 p.a outside of the UK for the 6 month period prior to applying
AND
you have a confirmed job offer starting within 3 months of arrival in the UK, again meeting the minimum earnings level of £18,600.

Currently I am working well over £18,600 in Saudi and if I get an offer from UK of £18,600 that means I qualify for the financial requirement?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun May 21, 2017 2:59 pm

Yes, providing you have the confirmation of the job offer to start within 3 months of arrival in writing.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.