ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(HSMP) after 29th feb. Kindly advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aary

FLR(HSMP) after 29th feb. Kindly advice

Post by Aary » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:53 am

Hi All

I have couple of questions.

1. If I apply for HSMP before 29th feb and as per the hc321.pdf I will evaluated based on rules existing on 28th feb.

2. Now when my HSMP is approved and when I apply for FLR(HSMP), which will be obviously after 29th feb, What amount of fee I have to pay for FLR. Will it be existing £350 or the new £750.

I am confused, please advice

jackattack
Newly Registered

Post by jackattack » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:02 am

it depends where you are. the rules change on 29 Feb for those within the UK.. the rules don't change until April for India and i think summer for the rest of the world.

so if you are outside the UK, it should be the same process as it is now until April at least.

if you are within the UK at the moment, you'll need to leave the country to submit your FLR(HSMP). I don't think you'd need to pay the higher amount. I know there are several people who have submitted both applications (HSMP + FLR(HSMP)) together so they make the Feb 28 deadline but it's quite risky cos you're paying all the money when you might not get your initial HSMP certificate.

Having said that though, there's a lot of uncertainty about the new system cos there are no firm rules yet, only guidances..

all the best

Aary

Post by Aary » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:21 am

Hi Jack

I am in UK at the moment on a work permit. I don't think that i will have to leave the country for FLR(HSMP) and apply for EC. My only worry is that if I need to pay £350 or £750.

But that's true, no one knows at the moment what will happen after 29th feb. Even the Forms and Guidelines are not yet available on the BIA website.

Thnaks

Hari5065
Newly Registered

Post by Hari5065 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:06 pm

Hi Guys,

Am also having the same queries..

As far as i can understand from feb 29 application fees for hsmp extension is going to be raised but what about initial applications

am currently on WP and planning to apply for HSMP in 2nd week of March

can any one suggest me if it's the right time to apply, will there be any issues
due to transition of hsmp in to new system

Thanks
Hari

hsmp_immigrant

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:33 pm

Hi,
I have the same problem. I am also planning for HSMP FLR in March 2008. Is there any raise in fee, I have only one link which says there are proposed fees changes.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... edfees.pdf

But the document is quite old around 31 Jan 2008 and there is no news on bia site either except for this. Please let me know if you have any information about this with proof ..... so that I am exactly sure about this.
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:08 pm

hi,
me too have same doubt,
juz today(25th feb 2008) applied for HSMP initial approval.
will get approval only in Mar 2008.
Still am confused with it.

anjali_devi

No changes,

Post by anjali_devi » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:35 pm

According to the consultant I spoke to, there is no expected changes to the fee structure.