ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trying to apply for HSMP from America

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dangerismymiddlename
Newly Registered

Trying to apply for HSMP from America

Post by dangerismymiddlename » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:27 pm

I'm an american citizen with what should be enough points to qualify for an HSMP visa... of course who knows what will happen.

I want to go to the embassy tomorrow and apply in person if possible.

Does anyone have any advice as to what to bring or suggestions about applying from the US?

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

gordon

Post by gordon » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:49 pm

You will not be able to apply for HSMP approval at the consulate or embassy; if you want to come to the UK on HSMP, you will have to submit an application with supporting documents to the HSMP team in Sheffield. Only after obtaining initial approval could you then approach the consulate in LA (since you are in CA) for entry clearance on the basis of the initial HSMP approval.

Judging from your earlier post, you will want to evaluate whether it might be easier to move to the UK on the basis of being the spouse of an EU national. My sense is that it would be more straightforward and faster that way. See Guidance - Husbands, wives and partners (INF 4) to start.

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:21 pm

Hi dangerismymiddlename,

Just out of curiosity, a question: Being an American citizen, why is it that you want to apply for HSMP and work in UK? What is there in UK which is not there in US?

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:16 pm

MONARCHY ???

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:12 pm

hsmp_1476 wrote:Hi dangerismymiddlename,

Just out of curiosity, a question: Being an American citizen, why is it that you want to apply for HSMP and work in UK? What is there in UK which is not there in US?
I agree, truly with the way immigrants are being treated and the constant moving of the goalposts, I don't think I'd decide to move here now.