ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - Qualifying for ILR (5 years route)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aliqureshy
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependent child (uk born) family visa/ILR/Citizenship

Post by aliqureshy » Sun May 21, 2017 2:38 am

Hello. Can anyone please guide/answer my questions. I am on tier 2 General visa expiring August 2018, my wife and my daughter are on tier 2 dependent visa expiring August 2018.
I am eligible for ILR on 16th July 2018.
I will apply Family visa for my visa after my ILR as she doesn't qualify her 5 years continuous stay till March 2019.

Question: can I apply citizenship for my daughter if I get ILR keeping in mind she is on tier 2 dependent visa or does she need to be on family visa as well and have to get ILR first with my wife and then citizenship?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependent child (uk born) family visa/ILR/Citizen

Post by CR001 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:20 pm

aliqureshy wrote:I am eligible for ILR on 16th July 2018. ILR through which route, 5 years Tier 2 or 10 year long residence?

I will apply Family visa for my visa after my ILR as she doesn't qualify her 5 years continuous stay till March 2019. What do you mean by 'family visa', which visa category are you referring to?

Question: can I apply citizenship for my daughter if I get ILR keeping in mind she is on tier 2 dependent visa or does she need to be on family visa as well and have to get ILR first with my wife and then citizenship? Yes, a UK born child can be registered as British once you have ILR.

Thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aliqureshy
Newly Registered

Post by aliqureshy » Sun May 21, 2017 8:40 pm

Thanks for your guidance.

1. it's ILR through 5 years route

2. I am not sure if i am referring to right category please guide as i am confused when and which visa to apply for my wife

I am planning to apply for my ILR in june 2018, our tier 2 visa are expiring in aug 2018, if I don't get a decision before the expiry date what should I do? can I apply visa for my wife meanwhile i am waiting for my visa decision if yes then which visa would it be?

3. can you please comment, if i use premium service, can i get a decision same day if my application is complete and they are satisfied with it.

regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 21, 2017 8:54 pm

2. I am not sure if i am referring to right category please guide as i am confused when and which visa to apply for my wife
Tier 2 General Dependent extension.
I am planning to apply for my ILR in june 2018, our tier 2 visa are expiring in aug 2018, if I don't get a decision before the expiry date what should I do? can I apply visa for my wife meanwhile i am waiting for my visa decision if yes then which visa would it be?
Yes, she must apply for an extension before her visa expires.
3. can you please comment, if i use premium service, can i get a decision same day if my application is complete and they are satisfied with it.
Yes, you can apply in person for a same day decision.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aliqureshy
Newly Registered

Post by aliqureshy » Sun May 21, 2017 10:05 pm

Thanks for your help, its was very useful for me.

aliqureshy
Newly Registered

Tier 2 - Qualifying for ILR (5 years route)

Post by aliqureshy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:37 pm

Hi

Can any one please guide!

Background:

I am currently on Tier 2 visa - qualified for ILR in July - applying on 18th August.

My family (wife and two children) is on PBS dependent visa in tier 2 category.

My wife and son who still have 1 year more to qualify for ILR - I am applying their extension to leave in FLR(M) category.

My daughter who was born here in UK - I am applying for Naturalisation on bases of my ILR.

Questions:

1. For my wife and son - is FLR(M) route is right category to apply for their extension to leave?

2. Do I have to pay for NHS health surcharge for them (as its so confusion on gov website as its showing me nothing to pay and I have been reading on different forums that I have to pay)?

3. can I apply for Naturalisation for my daughter on basis of my ILR if she was born in uk?

Regards

Ali

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 - Qualifying for ILR (5 years route)

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:25 pm

Topics merged.

You have already been given advice on your questions when you asked previously!!
1. For my wife and son - is FLR(M) route is right category to apply for their extension to leave?
As already advised, she extends her visa as a TIER 2 DEPENDENT PARTNER/CHILD. Applying on FLR(M) will reset her clock to zero and a new 5 year residence period before she can apply for ILR.
2. Do I have to pay for NHS health surcharge for them (as its so confusion on gov website as its showing me nothing to pay and I have been reading on different forums that I have to pay)?
Yes, you have to pay IHS for each applicant. £600 each.
3. can I apply for Naturalisation for my daughter on basis of my ILR if she was born in uk?
Children are REGISTERED as British. Only adults are naturalised, Once you have ILR and your BRP card, yes you can REGISTER the child as British on form MN1, as already advised previously.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aliqureshy
Newly Registered

Post by aliqureshy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:47 pm

Thanks for replying.

Sorry I a bit confused here.
Can I apply their (my wife and son) visa extension as Tier 2 dependant even I am no longer on Tier 2.
As I am hoping to get ILR on 18th?

Regards

aliqureshy
Newly Registered

Post by aliqureshy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:57 pm

Sorry
Can I make it more clear

Our visa (my Tier 2 and my family Tier 2 dependent visa) are expiring on 18th August.

I have premium service date for my ILR application.

I was thinking to apply for extension for my family i.e. for my wife and son - visa
And to apply for my daughter registration as citizenship by post same day.

Please advice which category to apply for my wife and son on 18th as my Tier 2 visa will be expire that day and I am hoping to get ILR.

Or should I apply for extension on Tier 2 dependent for them before 18th?

Regards

aliqureshy
Newly Registered

Post by aliqureshy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:58 pm

*Premium service date on 18th August
Day of expiring our visas *

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:15 pm

They can apply for a tier 2 general dependent extension on the 18th. Keep proof of postage.

If your ILR fails or is held for further checks, they will have a problem.

Why are you leaving it so late till date of visa expiry?? Why didn't you apply for ILR when you qualified in July?

For your UK born child you need you ILR BRP card which you won't get on the day. She does not need a valid visa to register as British if she is UK born.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aliqureshy
Newly Registered

Post by aliqureshy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:32 pm

Hi Thanks for replying again.

I couldn't apply for ILR in June/July as I didn't have sponsor letter from current employer, I received the letter on 30th July and then I couldn't get premium service date until 18th august.

My daughter is on tier 2 dependent visa as well, we applied for it as we had to go abroad back in December 2016. As her tier 2 visa is expiring on 18th as well, can I wait for my BRP card to arrive (will it not cause any problems ) ?
Can I not apply for her citizenship with home office letter/reference number which I am hoping to get on 18th?
or BRP card is must?

Regarding my wife and son visa for extension, would you suggest that I should wait for 18th? or can I apply now if its for tier 2 dependent extension.

Thanks again for guidance.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:38 pm

You cant apply for your wife and son now as they won't get an extension before you get ILR as all your visas expire on the same day and date of application is date you post it.

Remember also that the 18th is a Saturday and post office collections are earlier in the day.

There is still a risk you might not get ILR on the day if there are system issues or they need more info before they can decide your application for ILR.

No issues regarding your UK born daughter visa expiring. She has an entitlement to apply to register as British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aliqureshy
Newly Registered

Post by aliqureshy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:52 pm

Thanks again.

my appointment time is 0800hrs and I have found a post office near premium service centre which is open till 1pm - thanks for mentioning that.

I hope I'll get a decision same day, otherwise I am planning to send their application same day as there is no option and thinking to send send copy of BRP or home office letter/reference letter afterwards.

Thanks a lot, you have saved me, I was all set to apply for my wife and son visa extension on FLR(M). Thanks GOD I took an advice.

I'll update you on 18th.

Kind regards

aliqureshy
Newly Registered

Post by aliqureshy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:18 pm

Another quick question

Do I have to show 3 months bank statement for maintenance funds for my wife and son ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:16 pm

aliqureshy wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:18 pm
Another quick question

Do I have to show 3 months bank statement for maintenance funds for my wife and son ?
Yes, £630 x 2 for minimum 90 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aliqureshy
Newly Registered

Post by aliqureshy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:19 pm

thanks

while filling in the form (tier 2 extension for my wife and son),
I selected my visa as tier 2 migrant (COS less than 3 years) expiring 18/08/18 on Health surcharge website and it has come up with 0£ health surcharge and given me a reference number as well.
its that correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:26 pm

No it is not.

You need to put a date 3 years ahead to get the £600 IHS fee for each applicant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aliqureshy
Newly Registered

Post by aliqureshy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:33 pm

should I put tier 2 visa as in route to enter/leave field for myself on health surcharge website
and put expiry date 3 years from today i.e. 12/08/2021? (although its expiring on 18/08/18)

probably i have to fill in another application as its now allowing me to edit/change it.

please advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:36 pm

You should probably out ILR as your visa category.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aliqureshy
Newly Registered

Post by aliqureshy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:56 pm

I have got these options for my visa on health surcharge website.

1. further leave to remain
2. further leave to remain human rights and other clains
3. further leave to remain immigration rules
4. pbs dependent
5. teir 1
6. tier 2
7. tier 2 pbs dependent
8. tier 4
9. tier 5

aliqureshy
Newly Registered

Post by aliqureshy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:00 pm

As there are no ILR option
I have selected further leave to remain other in route
and other in visa type? will that me ok?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:00 pm

I cannot see the online form. From other members experience, they input their ILR details and/or tick box that option.

The complication you have by leaving it so late is that you do not hold ILR so don't know what the questions were before that one.

Remember your spouse visa category is relevant to IHS so unless you state what questions lead up to this one, I can't help you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aliqureshy
Newly Registered

Post by aliqureshy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:10 pm

sorry for botheration

as it is a tier 2 dependent visa extension form, there is no option for ILR when it asks me for my current immigration status.

sorry if I am using a wrong form altogether ( I am using this form ----- https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner )
can you pleas help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:14 pm

It is the correct form but I cannot see what your are being asked. It would be unreasonable for us to register on the website for each different online application just to answer questions.

What are all the questions it asks about YOUR immigration status.
Char (CR001 not Casa)