ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to apply Visa/ILR for my wife and child born overseas

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gob00st

How to apply Visa/ILR for my wife and child born overseas

Post by Gob00st » Sun May 21, 2017 10:11 pm

Hi,

I have got ILR for UK for over 3 years. My wife is Chinese and my child is born in China, what's the best way/route to apply ILR or UK visa if can't apply ILR for them to come to join me.

Sorry haven't done VISA for a while, would appreciate any inputs.

Cheers,
Russ

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How to apply Visa/ILR for my wife and child born oversea

Post by CR001 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:25 pm

You have to apply for a spouse and child settlement visa. Current cost is £1464 each plus £600 each Immigration Health Surcharge. They will be issued, if successful, with an initial 30 day visa and must enter the UK within this time. Within 10 days of arriving in the UK, they must collect their Biometric Residence Cards at their nominated Post Office. This card/visa will be valid for 2.5 years.

Close to the time that they have been resident for 2.5 years, they must apply for an extension which will be for another 2.5 years. They must again meet the financial and English requirement and pay the visa fee each again (whatever it is at that time) and pay the Immigration health surcharge again, currently £500 for an extension,

You must meet the financial requirement of £22,400pa and have 6 months payslips and bank statements to proved it.

Your wife must meet the A1 English requirement.

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview

Shortly before reaching 5 years residence in the UK, they can then apply for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Gob00st

Post by Gob00st » Sun May 21, 2017 10:42 pm

CR001, Thanks for the prompt reply !
My wife is actually in the UK, working with a Tier2 ICT(Intra-company transfer) visa, not the general. Meaning after 1-2 years she will have to be transferred back to China. Assuming she will apply dependent visa before she got transferred back to China.
My child is born in China and still in China with grandparents. D

Does those extra information make any difference ?
Dose my wife and my child need to apply differently assuming one apply within UK, one apply from China ?

Cheers,
Russ
CR001 wrote:You have to apply for a spouse and child settlement visa. Current cost is £1464 each plus £600 each Immigration Health Surcharge. They will be issued, if successful, with an initial 30 day visa and must enter the UK within this time. Within 10 days of arriving in the UK, they must collect their Biometric Residence Cards at their nominated Post Office. This card/visa will be valid for 2.5 years.

Close to the time that they have been resident for 2.5 years, they must apply for an extension which will be for another 2.5 years. They must again meet the financial and English requirement and pay the visa fee each again (whatever it is at that time) and pay the Immigration health surcharge again, currently £500 for an extension,

You must meet the financial requirement of £22,400pa and have 6 months payslips and bank statements to proved it.

Your wife must meet the A1 English requirement.

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview

Shortly before reaching 5 years residence in the UK, they can then apply for ILR.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:45 pm

Your wife can apply within the UK for a spouse visa on form FLR(M). Meeting all the same requirements.

If she does this, she will have to inform her employer that her visa category has changed. She would then be free to work for another employer within the UK on her spouse visa.

Child should apply for a child settlement visa once mother has her spouse visa.

Alternatively, child could apply for a Tier 2 ICT dependent visa and come to UK to join mother and then apply on FLR(M) at the same time as your wife.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Gob00st

Post by Gob00st » Sun May 21, 2017 10:49 pm

CR001 wrote:Your wife can apply within the UK for a spouse visa on form FLR(M). Meeting all the same requirements.

If she does this, she will have to inform her employer that her visa category has changed. She would then be free to work for another employer within the UK on her spouse visa.

Child should apply for a child settlement visa once mother has her spouse visa.

Alternatively, child could apply for a Tier 2 ICT dependent visa and come to UK to join mother and then apply on FLR(M) at the same time as your wife.
Brill, thanks CR001 !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:57 pm

You are welcome. Post again if you have any further questions.

P.S. your wife can apply in person for a spouse visa for a same day decision, just in case you were wondering (costs an extra £590). In country spouse visa fee is £993 plus the IHS and in person fee if you choose it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)